cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep on getting "Critical Error your right touch battery is low"

lsmanley
Honored Guest
Something weird going on here. I have a brand new Rift S. When I start a game I get a "Critical Error your right touch battery is low" which means I can't play my games. Now, when I go to devices, it shows a left and right touch controller both with full battery but also shows 5 (!!) right touch controllers. These all have serial numbers like ��_ ( and I cannot remove them. One of them has a constand 'battery low' messge and this is causing the problem. It's infurating!
40 REPLIES 40

Rahotep
Protege
My Rift S controller literally drain regular cell in course of a week. Even being in standby. Therefor you have to take the battery out. But mind one thing. If you start the Oculus software before at least 1 controller is active, then the software becomes jerky and tends to crash in the middle of the flight.

Procedure I have elaborated, that works for my flight sims so far
1. Start windows
2. Put battery in hand controller
3. Start Oculus
4. Start DCS
5. After exiting game, close Oculus software
6. take battery out of the controllers

What does not work, really and crashes all the time, is view passthru. Don't think that Oculus ever fixes this.

zanglor
Explorer
This just started happening in my Quest. I've had it about 2.5 weeks and now both controllers are telling me low battery and disconnecting. I know these batteries aren't low. But I've also replaced them with new batteries and still says low battery then stops working with a minute. Maybe it was the latest update? Sucks big time. I submitted a support ticket but haven't heard back yet. Has anyone other Quest owners had this issue?

luc444
Honored Guest
Yes i have this problem too. Sucks real hard.  Is yours working now? 

sa_motion
Honored Guest
I have the same problem. Already on public test channel. I have created a ticket to see what they say.

Umpa_PC
Rising Star

lsmanley said:

Something weird going on here. I have a brand new Rift S. When I start a game I get a "Critical Error your right touch battery is low" which means I can't play my games. Now, when I go to devices, it shows a left and right touch controller both with full battery but also shows 5 (!!) right touch controllers. These all have serial numbers like ��_ ( and I cannot remove them. One of them has a constand 'battery low' messge and this is causing the problem. It's infurating!

Exact same issue here. I even swapped the battery from the right to the left. left did not complain about right battery low, but right did with he battery from left.  Its FUBAR.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

eva_wei_1460
Honored Guest
 🙂 

eva_wei_1460
Honored Guest
I promise you'll find the most reliable battery here! Grepow Battery continually devotes our resources and efforts to developing higher performing & critically reliable rechargeable batteries for wearable electronics(Bluetooth headset, smartwatch, smart glasses, smart clothes, etc), medical, portable electronics and industrial application.

Based on the advanced technology, stringent quality control, and cost competitiveness, it is able to offer a wide range( -50 ℃~50 ℃ or 20 ℃~80 ℃) of quality batteries to meet customers’ ever-growing demands for higher performance, higher energy density, safer, lighter weight and 1000 cycles life. All products are meet ROHS, SGS, CE, UL and other testing requirements.

Umpa_PC
Rising Star

I promise you'll find the most reliable battery here! Grepow Battery continually devotes our resources and efforts to developing higher performing & critically reliable rechargeable batteries for wearable electronics(Bluetooth headset, smartwatch, smart glasses, smart clothes, etc), medical, portable electronics and industrial application.

Based on the advanced technology, stringent quality control, and cost competitiveness, it is able to offer a wide range( -50 ℃~50 ℃ or 20 ℃~80 ℃) of quality batteries to meet customers’ ever-growing demands for higher performance, higher energy density, safer, lighter weight and 1000 cycles life. All products are meet ROHS, SGS, CE, UL and other testing requirements.

I don't think the issue is with the battery.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

adrienmcclure
Honored Guest
Anyone ever figure out a solution? I have this same problem on my rift s and I’ve tried all the previous solutions plus some extra with zero luck. It’s weird because everything was working fine until a few days ago and now any battery I put in will die within a couple minutes. Then I put that same battery back in my left one and it says it’s full. I’m assuming it’s a hardware issue and have a ticket in for it now. 

Lia_Koncz
Honored Guest
tbh I got the same problem on the day I got my rift s and tried for hours with techniques people recommended on multiple forums. I even got a ticket for oculus support, but I was so impatient that I continoued trying and after getting really upset when nothing worked, I just threw it onto my desk and found out that hitting it made it work XD quite unbelievable, but it is working since