cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we remap Virtual Desktop ?

LordZeroGameMas
Protege
 I still don't get how to make it work, i try to click or double click and instead it opens a menu like RMB.

Can't we get a proper left, right, middle mouse button using the controller themselves ? There are plenty of buttons. 

Is a pain having to remove my HMD in order to navigate folders and starting games on my desktop 
9 REPLIES 9

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
last i used my rift cv1 virtual desktop worked fine, about a month ago. i use the m/k setup in virtual desktop. if you use quest i dont know how that would work, maybe using the link its no different to the pc idk.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I use Virtual Desktop weekly (sometimes everyday in the week) and I don't have any issues. It's not the software.
Check the main window, there's a lot of input options: "touch inputs", "Xbox controllers", ... Just in case you don't know, "touch inputs" means tactile inputs, not Oculus Touch. It could be your problem, as tactile controls can take you by surprise if you don't know them.

Also, you should try and contact Guy Godin directly, he's usually responsive, and pretty nice.

Protocol7
Heroic Explorer
Do you mean Virtual Desktop by Guy Godin or the built-in Oculus virtual desktop? With Guy Godin's app you can use the buttons, A is left click, B is right click. I have "Use Touch Input" deselected. With the built-in Oculus virtual desktop you can also use A to left click.

Captain-Purple
Explorer

I'm sorry, but double clicking is pretty much impossible with this thing. Thank goodness we don't need to double click for anything.

I looked through the whole "Input" menu. Not one way to map double click (or anything) to one button. I hear if you hold the controller against the desk or with your other hand... you MIGHT be able to stabilize it enough to click twice in one place. It's such a shame our fingers movements all happen through our wrists- kind of makes your hand move. I think this works out well for me in every other aspect of my life except for VR desktop.

I literally just figured it out.  don't squeeze the trigger too hard. a very light touch and squeeze twice very gently and quickly.  viola!

works like a champ!

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

If you have a bluetooth mouse (or can sit in front of your actual computer) then you can use a mouse while in VR. Similarly, a bluetooth keyboard can be paired with your headset too.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

Dude that Rocks!   Thank you!

Mind you, only one specific bluetooth keyboard works with the new keyboard pass through feature right now. Annoyingly. So you'd better be good at touch typing if you use one. Personally, I'm hoping my Arteck keyboard gets added in the near future. I like having a full sized keyboard. Which the Logitech K830 isn't.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.