cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yellow Exclamation Mark

firefighter841
Explorer
Oculus please fix this.  It did not do this in 1.39.  I use VR exclusively for SimRacing and I cannot run my SimRacingApps program and pull them out any longer.
13 REPLIES 13

Netheri
Rising Star
Also leave them a headsup through the feedback option in Desktop app and vote the fix in the uservoice feedback system! I have this same problem. Usually panel pullout works from 1st monitor but the using anyhing 2nd monitor is possible using only the fullscreen pin.
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

firefighter841
Explorer
still doesnt work even after the most recent updates

Netheri
Rising Star
No it doesn't. 😕 However the devs are looking at least my logs about that and the almost certain lag in Home every time it's started and needs to restart.
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

Netheri
Rising Star
Ok. I'll think i'll paste this reply from Oculus support about this problem. What they basicly say here is that there is no fault in their code, it's customers fault with it's PC and the remedy is to re-install Windows in the PC in which everything else works as it should:

"Hello again <Name>,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Our
engineers took a look at your logs and determined that this issue was
due to something within the PC. As we're unable to determine what that
is or resolve it via the troubleshooting already offered, it would
appear to be a general PC issue. Oculus Support would only be equipped
to assist with Oculus issues. Other users with similar issues may also
have issues with their PC.

If
you continue to experience this behavior after you've performed a clean
reinstall of Windows, please let me know. I'll be happy to continue to
assist you!

Kind regards,

Tyver

AR\VR Support"

What really made me almost laugh was the "this issue was due to something within the PC" and "appear to be a general PC issue". Yeah, there's this Oculus software, which is not working right.  😄 After this answer i saw it almost pointles to contact Oculus support about any software related issue, only contacting them about a hardware if something.

ohgrant
Superstar
 Sounds like you reached the blame storming dept 🙂 Great you're taking it so well. I could only imagine what they are going through right now, with both Rift-S and Quest selling out shortly after black Friday. 
I see you have an Inateck card, I've seen several posts about people having issues with their driver, uninstalling it and letting windows install it's driver fixed it in many cases. Have you tried that?  
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

Netheri
Rising Star
@ohgrant don't know for which one you answered fo but if to me: Only things attached to Inateck card (which by the way is Oculus recommended USB card) are Thrustmaster FF Wheel and wireless xbox 360 controller adapter. Believe me @ohgrant i've managed to solve Oculus software related problems all by myself or with the help of this forums or Reddit much much more than the Oculus Support has helped even if the hardware replacements are counted. Only today i found out a fix for one bug which was affecting the 1st start of the rig, only exclamation mark issue persists.

Edit: also my 2nd major Rift problem came back, so i'm still on the "1st run still show, 2080 super oc headroom for Home2 1-2%, after restart from beta tab ->~70% headroom for Home2 and panel pullout exclamation mark"-club. 

ohgrant
Superstar
 Was responding to you, I mean the software driver for the USB card. I've been seeing that using the generic Windows driver instead of the Inateck driver. If you didn't manually install the OEM driver, you probably have the windows driver already installed. 
 I've been building and repairing since CPUs needed cooling, but Oculus and Steam VR still keep me on my toes and  get me scratching my head. One thing about PCVR, I've noticed is if you are not a technician when you start, you will certainly have to learn a lot of things just to keep it running. A long way from Plug and Play. 

As far as the original OP, this is a user to user forum, support rarely even replies and recently their response to  everything is an apology, vague acknowledgement of the problem and their assurance they are working on it.       
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

Netheri
Rising Star
@ohgrant Yeah i agree with you with the Inateck drivers. However on my case the Inatecks old drivers worked better with the card while back, when some of the Rifts rigs usb cables were attached to it. Oculus desktop app informed that the drivers were old, but they still worked better than Windows's generic drivers (EDIT: With the OTT tweaks). Now that any of the Rifts cables are not attached to it, i've just let the Windows to update the drivers to generic. 

I also agree that if the plain having and using Windows based self built PC doesn't make you at least half a technician, the PCVR certainly takes care of the other half, at least the Oculus based does it. Can't say anything about SteamVR hardware, as i don't (yet) have Valve's headset. I've done few years of professional IT-help/servicedesk back in the days  and have maintained my own computers about 30 years, so some of the Oculus Supports answers just doesn't cut it. Yeah and Oculus really isn't interested about these forums, only real option to contact them is through support site (edit: or through uservoice site) or through feedback on desktop app. However , if the problem is something more than de-attached usb able or hdmi/dp cable, the problem always seems to be on customers PC and the way customer has built it, managed it etc. even when the only falsely working software on it is Oculus related..

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
I have all but finished messing about with windows PC's, been there built and done that, I swapped to Mac for my day to day computing needs, but still needed a gaming rig, so I decided on an MSI Trident 3 because it looks like a gaming console, it was supposed to be VR ready (what ever that means), so when I decided to get a Rift S (after a little pain installing and updating) has worked perfectly ever since.  It has took all the updates and firmware fine.  My system is windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 and the oculus software is Oculus app version 13.0.0.198.463 (13.0.0.198.463).
Now I am not posting this to piss you off, but it stands to reason if it works fine on my low end rig, then it must be a hardware/software conflict on your system, and it must be very difficult for the devs to troubleshoot. 
If VR is important to you your going to need to start from scratch and find out which driver/device is causing you the issue.  They have said as much that your on your own with your issues.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.