cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S Touch Controller positional tracking timeout on slow movements (1.37.0.245188)

Tuuvas
Explorer

As seen in the below gifs, there appears to be some sort of timeout for positional tracking of the new touch controllers. If I'm making slow movements, the touch controllers appear to be "lost" and cause massive issues with position; however, performing the exact same movement only a little faster produces no issues.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Install fresh batteries

2. Restart Oculus Software via Settings -> Beta -> Restart Oculus

3. Launch any software as long as you can see your hands

4. Hold hand out in-front of you

5. Begin turning very slowly as seen in below gifs

• Expected Results: no tracking loss

• Actual Results: tracking loss, but only on slow movements

ga9kh73tx5q7.gif
d4izo8n0u4y8.gif
hju3zm05nsi1.gif
42 REPLIES 42

Wardogc81
Protege
no news so far, i actually bought an Vive pro to have an option to this but guess what the vive pro tracking is worst than the actual rift s tracking, they have the old issues of gittering and drifting the oculus cv1 had when they released the 360 experimental, its a shame but i returned the vive pro and stick to the oculus.

by the way i found a way to varely use the gun stock, if i dont use the cups and just use my small finger grabbing the stock grips (where you put the magnetic cups) to stabilize, the tracking doesnt freeze, it seems that inside out tracking need an small continuous movement ot keep tracking, its a shame because besides that the rift s tracking is really really good with the latest updates i can punch my face and ruber my cheek and the thing just keep tracking lol.

pappythefoo
Protege
Not fixed yet?? Oculus does NOT support gunstock then????????????????
Ordered : 20 Sep 2013 Number : 74XXX Status : Arrived Holy Blessed Email : Nov 5 Arrived : Nov 13 Shipping Email : Nov 14

gramah501
Explorer
Same problem, any solution?! 

afoxinspace
Honored Guest
Bumping, just got a ProTube VR to play Onward. It works perfectly until I use a scope and move very slowly. Exact same problem. There should be a simple ticker in Settings to disable the 3-second auto-shutoff, because this is making long-range gunstock use in the Rift S 100% impossible. How many of us need to put in a ticket for this?

pappythefoo
Protege
I kind of gave up on Rift S on this matter.
Can anyone name a VR headset that works well with gunstock? and doesnt stuck on slow movement?
Ordered : 20 Sep 2013 Number : 74XXX Status : Arrived Holy Blessed Email : Nov 5 Arrived : Nov 13 Shipping Email : Nov 14

natedizzy
Honored Guest
oculus please respond to this. i mean, c'mon its not even an issue that isn't able to be fixed. a person above gave you a simple fix: if the person is touching or manipulating ANY  of the buttons, don't put the tracking to sleep.... btw tracking overall is fantastic. fix this one thing and you're pretty much done for good with this. 

javivi0000
Honored Guest
Escribe tu comentario

javivi0000
Honored Guest
Yo también tengo el mismo problema, y seguimos sin respuesta, nada más que saben lo que sucede, y que lo corregirán.... pero no sabemos cuando.

javivi0000
Honored Guest

Yo también tengo el mismo problema, y seguimos sin respuesta, nada más que saben lo que sucede, y que lo corregirán.... pero no sabemos cuando.

Ninguna respuesta de Oculus... solo silencio. Es una vergüenza que algo tan sencillo de solucionar y tan molesto para jugar a shooters y no hagan nada.

sclennon
Honored Guest
I sent a ticket in. Oculus seemed to act like they had never even heard of this issue. After a couple weeks of sending emails back and forth with the standard "trouble shooting." I got a reply saying that Oculus will continue looking into the issue, and get back to me in 3 to 4 business days. They did and the response was, "We are receiving a larger volume of tickets than usual and we will work your ticket in the order it was received." My guess is that my ticket is benched. Unless a fix comes for this tracking issue then I would say the Oculus S is only better than the CV1 in one aspect its display. Sucks because I really like my CV1 and really liked what Oculus was doing, but if this is where Oculus is going then I will probably upgrade away Oculus next time I buy a headset. For Oculus next time someone sends you a ticket regarding this issue try not to insult your customer by pretending y'all are unaware of this issue.