cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus quest developer mode with windows 7

knalleks
Honored Guest
There are a lot of threads with suggestions, and I've tried them all with no luck. The specs says that windows 7 is supported, but it does not seem to connect correctly.
Is there a new driver coming to solve this connectivity problem?
5 REPLIES 5

kojack
MVP
MVP

knalleks said:
Is there a new driver coming to solve this connectivity problem?
It's not likely. The Oculus software has been notifying people that once Microsoft ends support for Win 7, the Oculus software will stop too. Coincidentally, that day is today in the US.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

knalleks
Honored Guest
Thats typical.. could you you still develop games for oculus quest on windows 7, build them and use another computer with windows 10 to put them on the oculus?

kojack
MVP
MVP
If Win 7 isn't accepting the Oculus ADB drivers you can probably get one of the non Oculus ADB drivers. People have successfully used the Samsung ADB drivers to develop for the Go. The Quest works the same, it would probably work. https://developer.samsung.com/galaxy/others/android-usb-driver-for-windows

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

knalleks
Honored Guest
Thanks man, Ill try that out. If it doesn't work, Ill have to upgrade windows.. but reinstalling everything would take hours and I was rather hoping it wouldn't come to that.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
You can upgrade from 7 to 10 without reinstalling everything. Some people may prefer to do a fresh install, but I’ve done the upgrade path on several computers without any issue. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo