cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ignore this

LemonyPep
Explorer
it was something dumb. i have since changed my mind.
6 REPLIES 6

JeffNik
MVP
MVP
I've had many problems with my S recently, too... orange light inside, sometimes not detected, sometimes works sometimes doesn't. Spend more time trying to fix it than actually using it. My computer has dual monitors, and last night I tried disabling the output to the second monitor and re-booted. My Rift S worked perfectly the rest of the night. Here's hoping that this is a good work-around until they sort out these problems.

inovator
Consultant
The problem is the quest link is still in beta. There are negative issues. You may want to wait until it's out of beta. That being said the quest is worth it for stand alone in itself. I have the quest and s. S is much more comfortable though. I moded my quest to improve comfort and that worked for me. 

JeffNik
MVP
MVP
Did I misunderstand something? Did OP mention Quest or Link? I believe we're just alking Rift S here, and it should be production quality (not beta) at this point. :smile: 

(edit: sorry - I just re-read the title). 

fra700
Explorer
Yeah, same problem here, since September, just one month later the purchased.
I sent a ticket on october, but the support rejected my proposal to refund me. (why??
I opened a thread later: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/83125/oculus-is-really-a-good-brand#latest, arguing with someone about my rights. 
Last saturday, I sent another ticket, but the support doesn't want to answer me, I guess. Really, I've used my VR about 10 times with caution and delicacy sitting on a chair and I find absurd that it already broke. 

The seriousness of Oculus, where is it?

kobs57
Heroic Explorer
I sent a ticket on october, but the support rejected my proposal to refund me. (why??

Probably for the same reasons they just dropped producing spare parts for the original rift... We're here to make money
VR dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 
32 gigs of G.Skill Trident Z neo 2X16 Gb DDR4 3200Mhz
 MSI 1070-TI,  on a MSI B-570 Gaming plus motherboard,
EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
Oculus is on a  CORSAIR Force MP600 Gen4 PCIe x4 NVMe M.2 SSD

LemonyPep
Explorer
Actually, in all fairness, Facebook owns Oculus. (Also, I can't get it refunded, as I can't be bothered. Also because I'm too young to do that on my own.)