cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest Right Controller not working

Anonymous
Not applicable
Basically I just got my quest today and I love it to death but randomly the right controller stopped working. It tracks fine but both triggers dont work, the regular a and b buttons work. I tried changing the batteries which done nothing, restarting the vr, and doing tutorial like 3 times. Something I noticed is when doing the tutorial the animations dont work for you hand on the right at all. Also I realized that the right trigger is constantly down (not physically but in game its always as if its constanyly being pressed down. PLEASE can someone help Im desperate and really want to use this vr.
87 REPLIES 87

pacificblue72
Explorer
Both my controllers seem to be broke. The tracking beam jumps all
over the place. I can’t even make it past the intial set up

andy_m5
Explorer
Omg!!! I’m in the club to??‍:male_sign:
This is what I have so far.on the headset doing a update after a reboot I can see the controllers .once it’s done the update and updates the controllers they disappear!!!
so then when I push the power button on the headset to power down (just one short press) I have a look around vr I can see them behind me .see if anyone has the same problem ?
could be a software problem .
got a ticket No ??‍:male_sign:??‍:male_sign:?
have got it going a few times it looks so cool I’m gutted to be in this club
fix it !!

Oogard
Honored Guest
Wow!  Just pulled it out of the box and my Right controller doesn’t work.  Have tried all the silly troubleshooting tips but nothing works.  What a huge disappointment!!!  Please move over and make room for one more in this prestigious club.  And how many folks are in the same spot but don’t bother to post about it here?  I’m guessing it’s a significant number.  I hope you are monitoring these post Oculus.  This should be addressed ASAP.  If nothing else please acknowledge this issue and give us an update.  Again....huge disappointment.  

Foreverwise
Honored Guest
My left controller doesnt work.  Bought two spares.  Haven't even got to play yet.

Davidmelbourne1
Honored Guest
My right controller also stopped working, very unimpressed, good to know it is a battery leaking issue. Luckily removed it from the other controller after reading this forum! Waiting for oculus to get back to me. Anyone have any idea how long the process takes for them to repair/send a replacement? 

rqbutler03
Explorer
Hello, my left controller wasn't working. Here is what I did to fix it:
1. Place both controllers next to each other.
2. Reboot your Oculus (in my case, Oculus Quest).
3. When the Oculus reboots, you should see the Left/Right (depending on which one has the issue) controller updating onscreen.
4. Once the update is complete, the controller should work.

Hope this helps.

ilaina_meisler
Honored Guest
I am a new member of the club.  

Has has anyone got a new controller and proved it’s the controller that is broken not the sensors. 

Want to make sure new controller works before ordering. 

Thanks

clair_smart
Protege
26 days and still waiting on word of a new right controller being shipped.

Worst warranty customer service in my life,,, and I'm 58 years old

InterGraphics
Honored Guest
Same problem here, guys!
The right controller stopped working after less than 1 hour of using after unpacking :'(. That PS Alkaline battery just leaked out. I didn't believe it's an alkali (I thought It was water) and tasted in on my tongue (DON'T DO IT). Unfortunately, I removed the battery not so quickly, so the controller is dead now even after wiping the battery container. I believe the inner part is broken because there was much liquid inside... 

Take a look at the batteries. They seem to be rumpled.y0deqa48tknw.jpg

JustLiveALife
Honored Guest
My left controller stopped working today it I will remove the battery, put it back in, have it work for about 15 seconds, it disconnects after saying low battery, and then I’m back at square one (and yes I have tried SEVERAL batterys). I’ve tried a hard reset AND reconnecting them I’ve been at this for well over 2 hours trying to find a fix, but NOTHING I really need some help.