cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with lenses and visualization

stefano_raspa_3
Honored Guest
Hello There, 

I have a question for you. I bought a first Oculus Quest on Amazon. When it arrived it had a problem of visualization. There's a blurred line in the middle of screen which makes the visual foggy right in the middle. On some apps, like Vader Immortal for example, the visualization is not stable and it appears like a big square in the middle of the screen which blurs it. 

I gave it back to Amazon and with the money they refunded I bought a new Oculus Quest from the oculus website. Unfortunately after the set up also the new device presented the same exact problem. Is that normal that visualization is blurred and not clear at times. I have no clue on how this might happen twice on two different headsets. 

Thank you for your answer. 

Best, 

Stefano 
5 REPLIES 5

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
They use a lens called a fresnel lens,  these require a good position on the head to be clear and in focus.  Some blurring and chromatic aberration is normal during game play.  For best results you also need to adjust your IPD.

Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

stefano_raspa_3
Honored Guest
I have adjusted my IPD and I changed the position on my head several times. The problem is always there. It seems like a transparent scratch in the middle of the two lenses and I can see it right from the beginning, in the Oculus Dome menu. I don't think that's normal isn't it? On some applications there's a constant square which cut the screen and makes visual unbelievable and really damaged. How can I fix this problem? Thanks 

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
Can you see anything on the lens by shining a torch on them, and perhaps post a picture
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17

stefano_raspa_3
Honored Guest
I don't see anything by shining a torch on the lenses. I got this headset yesterday so it's brand new. How can I post a picture? I'll describe the problem again. I see a white horizontal line on both lenses which blurs the spot of the screen on which that line passes. It looks like a part of the screen is constantly blurred even if I clean the lenses. 

On some games I see the same blurring spots all around which make playing extremely annoying and non realistic. I tried to take pictures of these games but the pic appears perfect, even though while playing visual is not the same at all. 

It's the second headset that gives me this kind of problem and exactly in the same way. I'm looking for solutions. It seems a building issue of the monitor or of the graphic hardware. Thank you a lot 

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
Well unless I can see what your talking about I will be guessing.  You should contact support.