cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest ordering issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I ordered and Oculus quest on Sunday the 12th of January and a few days later I still haven’t received my tracking number and I haven’t been charged. When I try to see my order information through the guest account I ordered it on I get put in a loop of clicking links, signing in, receiving an email and back to clicking the link. I live in the Uk and I was wondering if anyone was having a similar issue. Thanks. 
8 REPLIES 8

yorenblack
Honored Guest
I have the exact same issue. I've contacted support to ask them what's going on.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok so it’s not just me. Please let me know what oculus say as it would be very helpful. Thanks ? 

iiPollux
Honored Guest
I ordered mine on the 11 on Saturday and to this day they still haven’t took money out or anything, I am in Canada 

Smcdonald81
Explorer
I ordered mine like Dec, 23th and don't have a tracking number. I live in the US.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I hope oculus support will see this thread and give us an answer. 

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hello, you won't be charged until your order is ready to be shipped. Currently, when you try ordering a Quest from our website, it shows an estimated ship date for some time in February (specific date may vary by region and model) so if you ordered only a few days ago then it's unlikely that your order will ship yet. If you're having any issues with accessing the guest portal, please contact support here https://support.oculus.com/885981024820727/. We have live chat and email support available. Thanks! -Rick
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
I can't fault them. Ordered mine last night, looks like delivery 18th.  My Rift S came a day early so by all accounts could arrive tomorrow.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

JohnPiperGhostH
Explorer
18 Jan '20
Hey everyone 🙂
I personally think you are better off purchasing the Oculus Quest on Amazon, Newegg or Best Buy. I had the same EXACT problem and NO one ever contacted me about the order I placed so I canceled and just purchased my Quest NEW on Amazon - in stock in a few days! The Oculus Quest 128GB is now in stock there NOW and 64GB in a few days.  BTW I could not find Oculus live chat they mention above in this thread at all. I hate to say it but if you are having these kind of problems here now getting your VR order resolved - etc. .... imagine how hard it will be if something goes wrong with the actual device under warranty trying to get support. Your choice. My 2 cents. Hope this helps someone. Cheers! 🙂