cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we get a pinch/crease tool?

jtelfer
Protege
Having spent far too much time playing with Medium already there's one tool I keep wishing I had - something to sharpen up edges. It's especially needed after a resolution increase. My workaround is to use hard-edged stamps but it's tough to get the exact profile you want and can get messy. Flatten isn't doing it for me because a lot of the time I don't want to remove as much material as I end up losing.

Sculptris has a pretty awesome crease tool (https://youtu.be/GRiXO7E6zbU). Would love to see a similar implementation in Medium.
9 REPLIES 9

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
I'd also love to see a pinch/crease tool. In the meantime, I'm using the pointy primitive stamp for creases, and for edges I dollop on a line of extra gloop then carve it out with a custom stamp. The pinch needs smoothed after and the crease is a two step process. Not ideal but it's enough to keep me going. Hopefully santa will leave a pinch/crease tool in my stocking.

u4jiyjpp3vn2.jpg
(sorry about image quality but I'm at work just now so I'm stuck with MS Paint)

fd0024
Protege
+1

jtelfer
Protege

The pinch needs smoothed after and the crease is a two step process...

And if I'm not careful with that smooth I lose the edge I was trying to create in the first place :smile:

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
You and me both, bro. Glad as hell undo is on that thumbstick.

Anonymous
Not applicable
MeToo. It's the tool I miss the most. Doing hard surface sculpting without it is almost impossible. But as this post is two years old I do not have much hope that we will get a pinch tool 😞

Battan
Explorer
3 now. Still no crease. It's the tool i miss the most. 

catronomix
Explorer
Would also like this functionality, with constraint modifiers to enable smooth and straight edges.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Another vote for a pinch/crease tool. Any maybe an option to create a spline, and use it as a path to follow, rather than just the straight line modifier we have now. Being able to have a stamp follow an adjustable curve would be amazing.

Sterling77
Rising Star
Negative sphere stamp is a crease tool - pinch is a bit more involved. 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/52965/sterlings-sketchbook