cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go / Local videos with spatial audio

SauloCarranza
Honored Guest

Hi! I have 2 questions... we develop 360 audio for different clients. Can we copy the video files directly on the Go device to play them? (360 video with spatial audio), or do we have necessarily to pass by some streamer like facebook or youtube?

In case that the copy/paste is possible, is there a recommended app to play them? 

I hope you can answer. Thanks!
9 REPLIES 9

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, see here for how to transfer files from your computer.
https://support.oculus.com/212288649367669/
You can play them in the Oculus Video app.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

SauloCarranza
Honored Guest
Thanks for the answer @cybereality !! 

One last question, do you know where I can find the video specs (format, size, etc) recommended for the Go? (or are they the same as for the Gear VR?)

Thanks again!!

cybereality
Grand Champion
Should be similar to Gear VR as they use comparable hardware.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

SauloCarranza
Honored Guest
Thanks!

mechaphone
Honored Guest

Where I can find the video specs (format, size, etc) recommended for the Go? 

What are the best settings?

Lightowl
Explorer
Hello - I can move/see videos and pictures ok, but when I move audio into the audio folder of the GO, I can't see it in the GO.  It is an mp3 which according to Oculus documentation is ok.  Is the audio somewhere other than the gallery/internal storage?  {Gallery just has video and photos as options)
---------------------Oculus documentation

Oculus Video supports the following formats:

Video:
  • mp4
  • m4v
  • 3gp
  • 3g2
  • webm
  • mkv
  • wmv
  • avi
Audio:
  • mp3
  • aac

Anonymous
Not applicable
I suspect it means that MP3 is supported when used as the audio codec in the video, not that it can play standalone MP3s...

guidewire
Explorer
for spatial audio... Is there info somewhere on the specific process for making 360 video files with encoded spatial audio?

VR-House
Explorer
Maybe look into https://ez-360.com/. Very useful application for (offline) playback of VR content on Oculus Go, without hassle for your clients.