cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experimental Bluetooth pairing can't enter PIN

WOP
Honored Guest
Hi, i wanted to use the experimental Bluetooth pairing to pair to a classic Bluetooth device HC05, which requires entering a pin 1234, but when the screen for entering the code appears there is no keyboard. Am i missing something? Thanks!
12 REPLIES 12

casey_kawamura
Explorer
How did your Quest even see the HC05? Mine isn't showing in the list. (I have tested it connects fine with my Android phone.) 

casey_kawamura
Explorer
Resolved my problem, now I am having the same issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did anyone get anywhere with this?

I even tried using a Bluetooth keyboard, but key presses are not registering 

Grim2025
Explorer
I was able to get my head set connected however there was a noticeable delay as well. Seems that the (experimental) was no joke. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Grim2025 you were able to enter the pin for a bluetooth pairing on a virtual keyboard for a HC05?

Grim2025
Explorer
@WarpedImagination I haven't tried connecting to a bluetooth keyboard, I don't have one handy lol.

escrowdis
Honored Guest

Grim2025 said:

I was able to get my head set connected however there was a noticeable delay as well. Seems that the (experimental) was no joke. 

Hi Grim2025,

Did you insert some delay between data transmission? It works for me, and I'm using RN-42 to make it work

Anonymous
Not applicable
@escrowdis 
I have tried HC-05 and HM-10  both are discoverable, yet Quest won't let me enter the Pin, the keyboard doesn't show up.  On RN-42 did you run into this issue?  Or did it allow you to just enter the Pin and connect to it?
I will order an RN-42, really appreciate if you can let me know if there were any challenges with connecting that module?

Thanks

escrowdis
Honored Guest

dingo said:

@escrowdis 
I have tried HC-05 and HM-10  both are discoverable, yet Quest won't let me enter the Pin, the keyboard doesn't show up.  On RN-42 did you run into this issue?  Or did it allow you to just enter the Pin and connect to it?
I will order an RN-42, really appreciate if you can let me know if there were any challenges with connecting that module?

Thanks

I'm still working on it. From now, I can use a joystick to move a menu up but still can't find the mapping between quest controller (touch) to HID raw report. It'll be great if there's any mapping table.
Here's my setting to my RN-42:
$$$ // enter command mode
SS,HID // set the service name to HID
SM,0 // set the mode to slave
// SN,<name>  // set the device name to whatever you like
SH,0210 // set the flag to gamepad
S~,6 // switch from SPP to HID mode
SA,1 // set authentication to 1 (default), it only requires to click pair button in the headset. The pin is still required if you set to 'open mode' (SA,0).
D // get basic settings (check)
E // get extended settings (check)
R, 1 // reboot to activate settings