cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[LINK] Oculus Quest Microphone >>> SteamVR/Oculus Library - Anyone working?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone on this planet got this microphone to work?
I have confirmed it exists but still does not work in either SteamVR or the Games in the Oculus Library.

My setting in Oculus Software: (I have tried both methods.)
0w3pg9nh2jbo.jpg

My Setting in SteamVR:
20wy8o0gndsc.jpg

Windows Audio:

o2gmy1o6ejbn.jpg
Testing of Microphone does nothing... the green level bar does not move or appear to be taking audio input.

fdlv14hfollh.jpg
Driver appears to be the latest... unless there is a newer one?

y8a0taav1ocv.jpg
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know when Link for Quest first became available the mic would not work.
Perhaps that is still the case - have not been using mic of late with my Quest Link setup.
If it is the case it would be nice if Oculus could update status on it.

grumber
Explorer
Same problem since yesterday. 

nalex66
MVP
MVP
The microphone for Link is disabled in the 12.0 release of Quest software, according to the release notes. It will hopefully be functional in the next release. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

grumber
Explorer

nalex66 said:

The microphone for Link is disabled in the 12.0 release of Quest software, according to the release notes. It will hopefully be functional in the next release. 

How long will it take till the next release could you tell?

WilsonInVR
Protege
Patiently waiting for this important function to work via Link.. No Mic using Link , how are we suppose to use the many Great Social apps out there..?

nalex66
MVP
MVP

grumber said:

nalex66 said:

How long will it take till the next release could you tell?

They’ve been typically doing one release per month. The PC version of release 13 has been in beta (PTC) for a couple weeks (since Jan 8), and will likely go to full release in the next week or two. The Quest version of release 13 will probably come out at the same time. There’s no guarantee that the mic will work in the next release, but we can hope. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

raeven63
Protege
I don't understand how disabling a working feature helps development, but that's not my job.  Having a functioning microphone is necessary for many of my social apps and games.  Please give us our microphone's back Oculus!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have found that the mic does work if you use Virtual Desktop(v1.8.0) just not over Link. 
So I just use Virtual Desktop when I need a mic; would be cool to have it over Link though. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

raeven63 said:

I don't understand how disabling a working feature helps development, but that's not my job.  Having a functioning microphone is necessary for many of my social apps and games.  Please give us our microphone's back Oculus!

Agreed a working mic with Quest Link I would consider essential.