cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus controller starting to get stuck.

itsdjhavic
Honored Guest
I can feel the trigger (trigger for pointer finger) starting to get stuck. It's not terrible but sometimes I will feel a little resistance. Is it possible to get replacement without buying a set of controllers for 100$ or is there a fix? 
6 REPLIES 6

Richooal
Consultant
You could try blowing it out with a can of compressed air. I don't think I'd be using any kind of lubricant on it though.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

garondorf
Honored Guest
How long have you had your controllers?

danknugz
Superstar
about 3 or 4 months after i got mine, the right trigger started “sticking”, i took a close look and it turns out that the padding that goes in between the back of trigger and the plastic had come off and a piece of it had lodged ib between the seam where the trigger separates from the controller. i popped it out with a paper clip and its been fine, but i still have one that “clicks” and one that doesnt due to the loss of the padding.

oculus said they would replace it but i would have had to send mine back in, never bothered
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please contact us. We may be able to offer replacement. Thanks.
https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Skyvvalker
Honored Guest
Same issue here and it's the right controller stick and it gets stuck to the right.
Just emailed Oculus support; let's see what they say.  Appears to be a QC issue.

Richooal
Consultant

Same issue here and it's the right controller stick and it gets stuck to the right.
Just emailed Oculus support; let's see what they say.  Appears to be a QC issue.

You do not have the "same issue here".

1. These people are talking about the original (CV1) Touch Controller.
2. They have a sticking TRIGGER, not the joystick.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.