cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Think twice about buying primax. I was right about cosmos.

inovator
Consultant
Simply put, primax is moving its us customer base back to china. Do you really want to spend a thousand dollars and deal with that?
84 REPLIES 84

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Guys there's a video I just watched on YouTube where the CEO get's interviewed. And the guy asks him, how many people are do you have in support department for customer's because customer's are complaining about your customer service and his response was 2 people!! He only has two people answering tickets.

So then he asked him will you increase this? And he says yeah we're increasing it to 5 people...

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm being serious...give me 5 minutes and I'll find you the link to the video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1egP2kPPns

How do I embed the video? lol
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Perhaps Pimax simply doesn't learn very quickly, or fumbles about in the dark. The language barrier as you mention a stumbling block perhaps?

Pimax seems to be Pimax's own worst enemy. I mean... they hired Sweviver "after" he attacked people like Pumcy on the official Pimax forums.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

inovator said:
Like I said I hope it succeeds but threads are meant to discuss the pros and cons.

Agreed. Nothing wrong with talking about both sides of the equation.

Plus, you are more generous than me; as I hope Pimax fails again! lol - I say that not to be an arse, but because I truly feel that Pimax has done a horrible job of entering the VR Market. Everything from their original "lie" about 8K Resolution, to the hiring of Sweviver.

I am still looking forward to ShadowMask's review. Despite the fact that Shadow clearly has a sweet spot for Pimax (i.e. Shadow has never defended Oculus, Valve, HTC, HP, etc with the same fervor as with Pimax), in the end Shadow does give great, thorough, and honest reviews about all the HMD's he's tried. Hell, even I physically mailed him an HMD once (the Samsung O+).

What I like about Shadow is that even though he'll spend time pre-defending Pimax (defending their product before it is released), once he gets it, he has no qualms telling everyone exactly how good or bad it is, and he won't hesitate to replace it with something better (as he did with the HP Reverb). That's a rare trait to have. Especially on the Internet. I've seen multiple people on this forum go out of their way to make it seem like their HMD is the greatest thing since sliced bread that is pure Gen-X and blah blah blah. In fact, that's exactly the tone set by all Vive users when I first arrived here. Thankfully Shadow is more mature and honest than all that.

But, as you said, it is still fun to talk about the pro's and con's.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Guys there's a video I just watched on YouTube where the CEO get's interviewed. And the guy asks him, how many people are do you have in support department for customer's because customer's are complaining about your customer service and his response was 2 people!! He only has two people answering tickets.

So then he asked him will you increase this? And he says yeah we're increasing it to 5 people...

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They will have 6 people total:
  • 5 people on Support to answer phone calls and emails.
  • Sweviver on the Internet to spam-yell at you, insisting all your problems are your fault.

inovator
Consultant
I'm also looking forward to that review zenbane.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
They loved both Pimax and Knuckles  B)

https://youtu.be/pvC0CyF-nIQ

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Richooal said:

That will be very expensive. Are they providing housing or just one way flights? What if the U.S. customers don't want to go?

ALL flights to China are going to be one way soon. Apart from the flight back in the inevitable box once you catch that virus ???

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
This thread has to be one of the most useless ever imho.  What a surprise, given the source, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
I am flattered y'all value my opinion so highly. I don't suffer fools gladly when it comes to VR headsets most likely because none of the manufacturers want to send me them for free. So I pay for them out of my own pocket.  😛 When they do send them, the review isn't filled with bullshit. I've been in this business for a long time now (see it all) and I'm not bowled-over by the buttering-up from those offering their products. Perhaps that's why I don't get sent them when in today's marketing, offering free stuff to wet-behind-the-ears Youtubers (with tons of subscribers) who have zero integrity is an easier and more productive tactic.  

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

But it did have quite a bit of use until I sold it. During the time I did use it, I had no issues. Perhaps I was one of the lucky ones. I am on my 3rd HP Reverb though and support the first time was abysmal, utterly soul destroying. Support the second time was very good. The third time was incredibly effective and mind-blowingly awesome. Take that as you will.

Perhaps Pimax simply doesn't learn very quickly, or fumbles about in the dark. The language barrier as you mention a stumbling block perhaps?

What happened for you to send the HP back a 3rd time? Mine has occasionally started to go black on one screen, but I'm thinking it's the cable? It's a shame people with higherend graphics cards are having to rely on companies like Pimax and HP to give them what they want, so hats of to them for doing that at-least.

Oculus won't make something like a Rift S pro with higher resolution screens and a decent pair of headphones, so unfortunately some of us are having to look else where. I would snap up a Rift S pro tomorrow even if it just had higher resolution display's like the HP Reverb.