cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't add payment method to my account

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried multiple cards, including fiance's card, no luck I always get an
"Error:  There was an error trying to add your payment method." message..

91 REPLIES 91

LiquidStar1
Explorer
I am also having this issue.  Just bought the Oculus Quest, setup my account and cannot add my credit cards via the App or the Website.  I have tried 2 of my credit cards (which I use to purchase other items online on a regular basis) and I get the same error message.  I have been going back and forth with Oculus Support for almost a week now and still no solution.  I wanted to buy a few games and now I am questioning why I bought this if I cannot even do this.  This should be the easiest thing to do, taking your customers money!  I should not have to try this hard just to purchase something....After reading all of these comments going back to 2017 I am amazed this is still happening.  If they can't fix this in the next few days I am returning.

lil_duckie
Honored Guest
It’s annoying I just got my quest it not letting me add a payment I tried changing email different cards I even did it on the website I really want get games but I don’t know how to because I do not have a pc or computer oculus or someone pls help ?

TBSMB
Honored Guest
FIXED---
Change your email address to one that isn't associated with your Facebook account. Set up a dummy gmail if you have to. Worked for me.

Vault_Meat101
Honored Guest

JohnnyLee said:

Same problem here. I just bought the game on Steam instead.

If you buy the game on steam will you be able to use it on the oculus quest? If yes, how?

cameron_white_1
Honored Guest
I'm having the same issue. I just want to buy some games. I have never had my card declined or have been told to contact my bank. I never would've imagined I'd have this much trouble.

DeathByTrolling
Honored Guest
looks like im the new one to get this message wanted to buy creed and i know the card is correct its like the system is saying Fuck you your not buying this 

Simon_Devaux
Honored Guest
Same here, try many solutions but always the same error.....

inertex
Honored Guest
Same they have to get it together 

crazyk619
Honored Guest
ive got the same issue after they gave me a refund on a game cant add any bank details  oculus bunch of idiots cant seem to fix anything 

Bellis666
Honored Guest

crazyk619 said:

ive got the same issue after they gave me a refund on a game cant add any bank details  oculus bunch of idiots cant seem to fix anything 

Im having the same problem, Ive had 2 accounts (paypal and CC) linked since January with zero issues. Not sure if they flagged my account for buying more Quest but my last order was cancelled. Apparently buying one for my kids and husband isn't allowed and now both my payment methods have been deleted and cant add them back in or anything new.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?