cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official TV Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just thought I'd start a thread where we can all share what we've all been watching.

I'm just finishing the fifth and final series of The Gentle Touch starring the lovely Jill Gascoigne as DI Maggie Forbes. It's a programme from the 80s and is excellent.

Next up for me is the second series of Monkey, known as Monkey Magic in the States I think. If you haven't seen it then you HAVE to check it out. It's a Japanese programme from the 80s that tells the legend of Monkey, Piggsy, Sandy and Tripitaka who travel through Asia to pick up the Buddhist Sacred Scrolls. Some may be familiar of the legend from the video game Enslaved: Odyssey Of The West.

I love rewatching stuff from the 70s and 80s regularly, they don't make telly like that any more which is a real shame. All we seem to see these days is mostly reality TV bollocks with the odd gem hidden here and there. 😞

So what are you guys and girls watching?
351 REPLIES 351

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

I still enjoyed 3 but it was not great and the ending well, that is highly controversial. I would stick with 1 & 2 not to sully their reputation especially if you are a die hard Dracula fan:)

You like Dracula to look like Tom Jones? lol

Hmmm, Tom Jones, never thought of that, lol - but maybe Gene Colan did, he drew the cover when he was 66 years old in 1993. And Mr. Jones did have a nice taste in women!

You're right! - That's what's wrong with the new Dracula show  😉 - Too few attractive women, too little Tom Jones!  😄 I shall begin writing my complaint immediately, like:

"Dear Netflix,

Thirty years ago I grew up reading the most amazing books - which you could say a young male teenager might have found *dry cough!* ... stimulating :blush: Not so with the new show! - Granted, the Count did enjoy a nice young woman in episode 2 - but since then not much has happened  :'( Needless to say, I'm beyond disappointed. Since you probably got no clue what I'm writing about, let me show you some examples of the food/women you should at least have matched in the show. 

Best,

XXX"

lal2t89unbm1.jpg
0esuupfkfssa.jpg
1kmg3e5k6muv.jpg
1dcdvbecxkgw.jpg

PS. I'm about 50% through episode 3, I'll probably watch it all - in small potions  o:)

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

kojack
MVP
MVP
Is that the same woman being kidnapped by Dracula on each cover?
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I still enjoyed 3 but it was not great and the ending well, that is highly controversial. I would stick with 1 & 2 not to sully their reputation especially if you are a die hard Dracula fan:)

You like Dracula to look like Tom Jones? lol

It's not unusual.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

kojack said:kojack said:

Uh, nope, I left out the ones with brown hair :blush:

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Am watching the series Homecoming on Amazon Prime at the moment. Julia Roberts has aged pretty well.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just started to watch episode 3, this has got a real Jacob's Ladder feel to it so far. I love it.

kojack
MVP
MVP
I really should get back to watching The Avengers.
No, not that one, I mean the GOOD one.

Mrs Peel could kick Black Widow's ass.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Luciferous
Consultant
I did mention this before but if you get a chance watch 'Memories of Alhambra' on Netflix. I loved it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Lcy3XUDd_A

Anonymous
Not applicable
I like series mostly and several other different shows. Like Originals, Vampire Diaries etc.

jennifersm
Explorer
I love watching friends with benefits and Money Heist on Netflix, if any suggestions do let me know.