cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Bluetooth headphones for Rift S, or if the sound becomes faulty on Oculus CV1.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
As suggested in another thread. I got some Bluetooth SkullCandy Uproar Headphones for Oculus CV1 and they sound great. I have no idea if they will fit over the Halo on the Rift S though.
33 REPLIES 33

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

RuneSR2 said:

RedRizla said:

TomCgcmfc said:

All Bluetooth headsets have some latency.

Have you tried this technology? I think it will be alright for gaming like the fella says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOYCRRnvNv0

It might also be a factor if you're just into some casual gaming or trying to win the CSGO World Championship 2020  B)

I have 16 ms input lag using the plasma for pancakes, but 32 ms when I enable more enhanced image processing - the 32 never bothered me, but I'm into casual gaming. Sound may not be similar, but some of the best AptX headphones are close to 30 ms.

I asked a question whether or not the same people who have purchased the Bluetooth headset I'm getting had problems with them going out of sync in games or movies. So far I have received 5 answers that all say the haven't experienced them going out of sync in games or movies. These are only cheap Bluetooth headphones so I'll just have to see if I notice something that these people don't. If it's slightly out of sync then I couldn't give a rats ass tbh 🙂  

Would have been nice if Palmer had sent out that fix for faulty headphones he said he would send out, or if Oculus had come up with their own fix for the ribbon cable problems. It's just a shame the CV1 hasn't got a headphone jack like Rift S has got.

NextWorldVR
Protege
I found an amazing, fast, non-invasive and super easy FIX for the  'one CV1 headphone going out problem', 
    Unscrew the headphones from the CV1, run a thin single wire behind the headset, connecting the bottom left headphone gold contact to the bottom right,  it brings back the inactive one and they are still in stereo!   Rescrew the headphones back nwith thectinybwire in place.  VOILA'!
     Seems like a wonky fix, but it worked for me, back to normal ever since!   If you tape our wire down, be sure not to tape over the hidden back IR sensors!

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

I found an amazing, fast, non-invasive and super easy FIX for the  'one CV1 headphone going out problem', 
    Unscrew the headphones from the CV1, run a thin single wire behind the headset, connecting the bottom left headphone gold contact to the bottom right,  it brings back the inactive one and they are still in stereo!   Rescrew the headphones back nwith thectinybwire in place.  VOILA'!
     Seems like a wonky fix, but it worked for me, back to normal ever since!   If you tape our wire down, be sure not to tape over the hidden back IR sensors!

That is the same Youtube fix that is posted further up in this thread is it not? What exact wire are you using because each time I tried to loop the wire I used onto that gold connector I couldn't screw the headphones back into place?

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RedRizla said:

TomCgcmfc said:

Have you tried this technology? I think it will be alright for gaming like the fella says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOYCRRnvNv0

$25 would be totally awesome, maybe $75 max - otherwise you may be getting close to a price where you could buy a used CV1 instead (headset only)... So Koss Porta Pro ($80) and especially Sennheiser PXC 550 Wireless ($215) might be difficult to recommend, but maybe Koss is ok if cheaper models fail... Seems like Porta Pro should be kept at a max 10 feet range (according to Amazon user reviews), but that may not be a problem for tethered VR... 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

TomCgcmfc said:

Yep, don't think there is any way around it with Bluetooth. Even back in 2016 when I first received my Rift with the X-Box Gamepad, I only used the Bluetooth adapter for the first couple of weeks, but then I ditched it and just plugged my Gamepad in directly. For the most part, using Bluetooth with gaming peripherals is acceptable if you're doing solo gaming. But if you're trying to be competitive (e.g. Online Multiplayer Combat, Tournaments), then "wired" is the way to go.

For the record, I feel the same about WiFi. If I'm going to compete online, I'd rather drag a 100ft Ethernet Cable across my house than rely on a WiFi connection. lol

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@Rune I got some cheap Skull Candy bluetooth ones for £26.00, but if they are bad I'll just return them. I've just been trying some wire headphones out and they sound great, but figuring out a way for them not to be a pain with the extra wire is proving some what difficult.

I also dismantled some speaker wire to try the YouTube wire trick again, but even though I was able to pinch the wire it didn't work. I also think my sensors at the back of the headset are out but there doesn't seem to be a problem with tracking.

I'm starting to think my Oculus Rift days are over with because I'm not purchasing a Rift S and the CV1 is a bit to old now to start buying it used. I'm a bit pished off really because the CV1 hasn't had what I would call a great deal of use and I've destroyed it playing Thrill of the Fight. Lesson leaned I guess, I should have realised these headsets are not made to sweat buckets in.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@RuneSR2 - I've just watched a 30 mins YouTube video of someone speaking close up and I never noticed any lips sync issues going on with these £26.00 Bluetooth headphones. They don't even have the aptx technology you were talking about and I'm just using a Bluetooth 4.0 usb dongle. I have been told to download Netflix movie though because streaming can cause problems even without Bluetooth. I will test a Neflix movie streaming though just to see, but so far so far I'm amazed that these are working so well. 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RedRizla said:

@RuneSR2 - I've just watched a 30 mins YouTube video of someone speaking close up and I never noticed any lips sync issues going on with these £26.00 Bluetooth headphones. They don't even have the aptx technology you were talking about and I'm just using a Bluetooth 4.0 usb dongle. I have been told to download Netflix movie though because streaming can cause problems even without Bluetooth. I will test a Neflix movie streaming though just to see, but so far so far I'm amazed that these are working so well. 

Awesome, how is the sound quality compared to the CV1 headphones, especially for the bass? Hope they work in movies too - but it does sound (no pun intended) like you've successfully restored your CV1, congrats! 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

RuneSR2 said:

RedRizla said:

Awesome, how is the sound quality compared to the CV1 headphones, especially for the bass? Hope they work in movies too - but it does sound (no pun intended) like you've successfully restored your CV1, congrats! 

They sound so much better. I'm also looking to order some with the aptx technology to now for my downstairs television.

Here's the other ones I'm looking to order that have the aptx technology. These have got excellent reviews on YouTube.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IMKRQO8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N5KKUR0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's what this guy has to say about them on YouTube. They seem excellent for the price so I couldn't resist maybe getting these too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kRmdhDxQ-w