cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link Cable Compatible USB C (Female) to USB A (Male) Adapter

BivMonster
Honored Guest
Hey everyone.  I just received my Oculus Link cable.  My computer only has USB 3.0 A ports, so I ordered a USB C (female) to USB A (male) adapter so I could connect the official Link cable.  I'm sure you know where this is going...  It doesn't work.   

I do have another cable that does work, it's just not as long as the official Link cable, so I'd really like to get it to work.

Does anyone know of an adapter that actually works?

There is one that apparently works according to the thread below, but is not available to be shipped to my address for some reason.  That said, I'm hoping someone has had luck with a different adapter.
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/84643/oculus-link-usb-c-to-a-adapter

Thanks!!
3 REPLIES 3

MrBMT
Expert Protege
I've seen people mention that the Angelbird Type-A-to-C Adapter works great with the official link cable.

You'll probably find most USB 3.0/3.1 Gen 1/3.1 Gen 2 adapters will work, but the cheaper ones don't have switching circuits so that you can put the USB C cable in either way; in which case you'll likely find one way up the cable will work, and the other way up it's detected as USB 2.0 only.

Be sure to try turning the USB C connector the other way round with your existing A to C adapter before ordering a different one.
ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 & Thunderbolt 3 Add-in card, i7 7700k, 64GB RAM, GTX 1080Ti, 13TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro
Oculus Quest v13 Update, Official Oculus Link Headset Cable

softtouchph
Explorer

MrBMT said:

I've seen people mention that the Angelbird Type-A-to-C Adapter works great with the official link cable.

You'll probably find most USB 3.0/3.1 Gen 1/3.1 Gen 2 adapters will work, but the cheaper ones don't have switching circuits so that you can put the USB C cable in either way; in which case you'll likely find one way up the cable will work, and the other way up it's detected as USB 2.0 only.

Be sure to try turning the USB C connector the other way round with your existing A to C adapter before ordering a different one.

Correct. I experienced that too. Yesterday, I tested my laptop, and it worked fine. Today, when I plugged in the link cable, the common "PC not detected" message. Then I turned the link plug around and it worked again fine.

BivMonster
Honored Guest

MrBMT said:

YES!!!  That solved it!  I'm moderately embarrassed that I didn't try that out prior to posting.

Thanks!!!