cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vrcinema3D

swlu
Explorer
Hey all,

I just found this awesome new virtual movie theater demo. I'm not the developer, but he's already made the demo available on his site, though its all in Korean! I don't speak/read Korean, so I used Google translate to read the docs. Here's links to his site and demo:

Site:
http://uxground.com/

Demo:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6-3MLD_Wbqea1lNWTVDQ3dybUE/edit

From what I gather, the only way to play a file is if it's an .avi file called 'movie' placed in the same folder as the app. Obviously this is rather limiting, but hopefully he's working on a fix. Right-click brings up a menu where u can pick any seat in the theater, as well as choose to play 2D or 3D (SBS) content! Works really well, and the theater looks great. He's even got the light coming from the projector if u turn around. 360 controller moves u around, but doesn't seem to bring up the menu or ability to sit down.

Looks like he's also working on a (free!) horror game called "Nine Stones". Haven't seen either of these mentioned in these threads so I thought I'd share my findings. Enjoy!
329 REPLIES 329

sbnewsom
Honored Guest
"davidjc" wrote:
Just tried to watch resident evil 3D

It works its just it plays the video side by side on the screen like two screens on the movie screen....so I am not sure which fromat It needs to be in but its not working here.

I thought you have to set the video mode to sbs/3d when right clicking inside the theater.
-Stuart Bradley Newsom HS-51XXXXX Mar 21, 2014 01:09 AM PDT DELIVERED Portfolio: http://sbnewsom.com Facebook: Click Here

LittleGuy
Honored Guest
This was mentioned perhaps half way through (or thereabouts) this topic, but I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to provide a link to version 0.2? 0.3 has issues where the video is jerky if the resolution is high. I've looked around on the web, but haven't been able to find it 😞 If someone can do that, it would be really appreciated!

Mike.
Mike

Nekto2
Superstar
Have you tried downloading:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2348
small demos.

mylok
Honored Guest
"ianmacmillan" wrote:
Forgive me if this has already been asked, but can someone point me at a link that describes the best way to convert a bluray 3d movie to the SBS format needed for vrcinema? I bought the new Star Trek movie last night and I'm itching to view it in the Rift.

Spanks.

I used DVDFab it works very well for converting 3D Blu Rays. I just converted Star Trek Into Darkness and it works very well with the vrcinema3d app.

here is the link I used

http://www.dvdfab.com/blu-ray-3d-ripper/how-to-rip-blu-ray-3d-to-3d-videos.htm

I have the paid lifetime version but there should be a demo or trial version.

OculusOptician
Explorer
Any news when version 4 is going to be released? This is one of the best app's to date for the Rift, just wish we could pick any movie from a built in menu system, that would be awesome. That and SSAA support.

For those who don't know what SSAA is, here's the rundown:
http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/1rdo2y/

As VRcinema is Unity based, it should be really easy adding support. Anyone want to give it a try?

XenapZ
Honored Guest
Is there any chance of displaying XBMC on the moviescreen?
It would solve all the problems of renaming the files if we could just project XBMC on it and have it run in the background.

ral1239
Honored Guest
Looks really cool! Definitely have to try this out when I get my Rift

Edudjr
Honored Guest
Do you guys prefer to watch the 3D movies in the vrcinema instead of watching it 2D in the monitor?

orrai421
Honored Guest
Optimization Guide? I am seeing low frame rates (maybe 12ish, sudden skips ahead to catch up, too) on 1080p half sbs mkv rips. I have the player at 1080p middle quality, though I see the same with high quality and 720p. msi afterburner overlay reports 60fps on vr cinema itself. My card is an ati 7850 (overclocked to 7870 range) and ccc settings: i disabled all video performance tweaks and I disabled over/underscan for digital display (Rift) though I have color settings enabled (didn't make a difference). I have checked my system software for background resource usage and antivirus interference, all other apps closed and HW usage is not high, 8GB ddr3 and hexacore AMD cpu overclocked. overclocking has been stable, i do not suspect it. I have disabled my main display and run rift only, hasnt changed. I have installed a number of codecs though, I will start rolling them back and forth and see (lav, cccp, klite) and i am now trying win7dsfiltertweak. Am I hitting a real limit to my setup? I can try files with lower bitstreams like 2GB rips.

orrai421
Honored Guest
win7dsfilter has worked out the final issues, I am running a 13GB mkv in vr cinema and the video looks consistent, though I would love to get the HFR hobbit running (next project). For now, I hope my journey helps. Using win7ds filter, i checked all microsoft codec tweaks. Then I went into preffered coders and i have USE MERIT checked for most things (i am guessing this is the mad codec as microsoft and LAV video are my other options). BTW, i recommend Corsair vengeance 1500 v2 dolby digital surround headphones, usb and official dolby emulation.