cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANTIVIRUS BLOCKING GAME DOWNLOADS..??

DreamWalkerUK
Honored Guest
TRIED CHANGING SETTINGS  in Windows/10  Defender but NO luck..!! Anyone know how to cure this PROBLEM  please..??
24 REPLIES 24

cmaffia2019
Protege
I had this problem last week after the download of saints and sinners completed.  You have to temporarily disable Windows 10 Defender's (or any other antivirus) real time monitoring.  It will fix the issue when you try downloading and installing again.

Ewebecha
Honored Guest

I had the same issue. I tried everything.
Last thing I did, before i threw my PC, was I went to settings, then beta and chose restart oculus. That seemed to work for me.

Thank you!!  This worked for me as well

ryanwyler
Explorer
I experience this problem frequently. From what I can tell it has something to do with the directory they are installing the software and it requiring administration permissions but it doesn't properly elevate to administrator privileges. I opened a ticket and they could not resolve this issue. I've been starting to use Steam VR store instead of oculus store and have no problem with downloads and installs. I wish I would have tried the Steam VR store earlier because I have quite a few purchases on Oculus store and at this point feel the steam vr store versions of the games have better orientation for the playground area and it has family sharing mode so you can have multiple users using the same games for their own progress, and on top of both of those there has never been an issue that claims my firewall or virus scanner is blocking new software from installing. That message is bogus and Oculus needs to respond to that and fix their inability properly install software.

PITCHEDsenses
Honored Guest
I have the same issue here 😞

PITCHEDsenses
Honored Guest
I tried now nearly everything.
I checked "execute as administrator" in the property of the "Oculus" shortcut on my desktop.
Then it should ask you if you want to start Oculus as an admin. After that I downloaded the game ("Seeking Dawn" in my case) again and started the install.

Now it's working!!  o:) 

Hope it will help you guys out!

What I did also (but I don't think that was really helpful, since only the admin execution worked)
  • I added exceptions to all Oculus processes into my "Avira Antivirus"(OculusClient.exe, OculusDash.exe, oculus-platform-runtime.exe, OVRServer_x64.exe, Home2-Win64-Shipping.exe)
  • I closed the real-time-scanner from "Avira Antivirus" while installing (very important)
  • My games are not installed on my "C" or System HDD drive.

PITCHEDsenses
Honored Guest
I tried now nearly everything.
I checked "execute as administrator" in the property of the "Oculus" shortcut on my desktop.
Then it should ask you if you want to start Oculus as an admin. After that I downloaded the game ("Seeking Dawn" in my case) again and started the install.
I closed the real-time-scanner from "Avira Antivirus" while installing.
Now it's working!!  o 

Hope it will help you guys out!

What I did also (but I don't think that was really helpful, since only the admin execution worked)
  • I added exceptions to all Oculus processes into my "Avira Antivirus"(OculusClient.exe, OculusDash.exe, oculus-platform-runtime.exe, OVRServer_x64.exe, Home2-Win64-Shipping.exe)
  • My games are not installed on my "C" or System HDD drive.

FoxLover
Honored Guest
going into settings and beta and restarting oculus was the only thing that worked for me

lissa_bix
Honored Guest

Last thing I did, before i threw my PC, was I went to settings, then beta and chose restart oculus. That seemed to work for me.

This worked for me tooo.. TY

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the same problem just now. I think a simple restart of the computer fixed it.

Installing titles had worked fine so far in Oculus Home, and when I tried to install another one I got the message that the antivirus had blocked the install all of a sudden. No matter of turning that off or adding exceptions worked. I also noticed Oculus Home thought a game I had just tried was still running for some reason, and I couldn't find any way of making it not think that (I didn't find it in task manager), and I had exited it so it was not running . Not sure if it's related, but it.was a SteamVR title that I started directly from Oculus Home library.

But odd the message is that it's the antivirus' fault though. Probably just a lazy error message.

Anyway just restarting the PC worked in this case. Might have worked to close the Oculus services and restart them, but I didn't bother trying that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!!! I had tried everything else. This immediately worked for me also. So glad you posted that!