cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift S not connecting / not detected

reivaxrm
Honored Guest
I've received my new Oculus Rift S two days ago and the only thing that I've got is disappointment.
The setup program does not detect the headset. I plug the USB 3.0 connection and nothing happens. No error or message appears in the Windows device manager. Obviously, the same result if I connect the displayport some seconds later.
Windows updated, USB, graphics card, motherboard drivers updated. Oculus drivers uptaded using oculus-driver app. All to the last version and absolutely no activity when the setup softare is waiting for the headset.
I've reinstalled Windows and the Oculus setup software many times. I've even tried it only connecting the headsed alone and all the other USB 3.0 ports with nothing connected.
All my USB 3.0 ports work perfectly with any other device. I'm afraid that the headset that I've received is dead.
Please, can someone help me? Thank you very much.

47 REPLIES 47

Buzzarag
Honored Guest
So is there any real fix for the Display Port in infinite search circle problem? Everything works except that my PC can't seem to find the Display Plug like it is for many more. I tried pretty much everything now and it still doesn't work. For that much money quite the disappointment.

richyjay420
Honored Guest

dburne said:

Try unplugging the Rift cable from the headset. You have to take the front cover off to do so.
Then plug it firmly in, it will push in most way then a little resistance, but push a little more and it will fully seat.

YOU SAVED MY VR! was about to freak tf out thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

dburne said:

Try unplugging the Rift cable from the headset. You have to take the front cover off to do so.
Then plug it firmly in, it will push in most way then a little resistance, but push a little more and it will fully seat.

YOU SAVED MY VR! was about to freak tf out thanks

Good deal, you are most welcome!

camowrath
Honored Guest
I have scoured the internet for any solutions, i bought this thing yesterday, installed the oculus app overnight and now the lights on the headset wont turn on and the oculus app doesnt recognize its plugged in. last night when i plugged it in initially it had orange lights turn on and now theres nothing. i tried unplugging both cords in the computer, plugging in the usb, waiting 5 seconds and plugging in the display plug and nothing. i checked the display cord on my headset and i got nothing, i tried different usb slots and nothing. im at my wits end here and ready to just give up.

ilolas
Honored Guest
Unfortunately, nothing here helped me. I am scared that my Rift S is dead.
I had it for like a week, yesterday it completly stopped working.
USB  eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft) Gives me error 43.
Its also worth noting that I had problems with my rift s since I bough it.
It lost tracking, Reconized my USB 3.0 port as incompatibile, but it worked. So far I am highly dissapointed with the product.

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
@ ilolas 
Open a support ticket.  You have not provided any information that anyone on here could use to try and help you.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

ReeferF80
Honored Guest

dburne said:

dude.... thank you. Was driving me nuts. Always something simple and I overthink it. You spent 20 seconds typing a response that helped a bunch of people enjoy their toy again. Good on you bro - you should feel good about yourself.

Anonymous
Not applicable

ReeferF80 said:

dburne said:

dude.... thank you. Was driving me nuts. Always something simple and I overthink it. You spent 20 seconds typing a response that helped a bunch of people enjoy their toy again. Good on you bro - you should feel good about yourself.

Thanks! Always glad to help where I can.

VR2018FR
Expert Protege

camowrath said:

I have scoured the internet for any solutions, i bought this thing yesterday, installed the oculus app overnight and now the lights on the headset wont turn on and the oculus app doesnt recognize its plugged in. last night when i plugged it in initially it had orange lights turn on and now theres nothing. i tried unplugging both cords in the computer, plugging in the usb, waiting 5 seconds and plugging in the display plug and nothing. i checked the display cord on my headset and i got nothing, i tried different usb slots and nothing. im at my wits end here and ready to just give up.

just try to unplug your  headset (usb and display port) turn off your PC then restart  your computer and when windows is loaded, plug your usb port 10 seconds  after your display port and it might work. I have to do this every day for the headset being recognized.

jonglines
Honored Guest
I spent a ton of time trying to get my Oculus Rift S to get a green-light on my USB 3.0 connection.  I tried every port and that didn't work.  I then bought a powered USB 3.0 hub but that didn't work.  

I finally bought this PCI Express expansion card  from Amazon and finally got the Green light on the USB 3!  
Make sure you have an empty PCI Express slot before you try this!  https:// amzn.to/2GS24Gd
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?