cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S and Rift Build 13.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
All of these features and enhancements will become available throughout the week of February 3, 2019.

Events
  • We’ve made improvements to the Oculus Event Invite feature.
    • Event hosts can now allow guests to invite their own friends.
    • Viewing a developer created event will now allow you to view a list of all your friends who have indicated that they are interested in the event.
    • Viewing a user created event will now allow you to view a list of all users who have indicated that they are interested in the event as well as all users who have been invited to the event, similar to Events pages on Facebook.
    • You can control whether or not you appear as part of the above invited or interested lists via the "Who can see your activity on Oculus" privacy setting.
Oculus Mirror
  • We’ve exposed the customization options to the Oculus Mirror tool as a Graphical User Interface.
    • These options will allow you to do things like adjust the mirror type, choose which eye(s) is displayed on the mirror, adjust the FOV scale of the mirror, and also take screenshots.
    • You can also save and load Oculus Mirror settings within the File menu, which will also save and restore the window position and size.
    • Hotkeys for these new options can be found next to each item within the Settings and File menus.
    • The tool will automatically reconnect to the Oculus Service in the event of a service restart.
    • The Oculus Mirror tool can be launched by navigating to C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics and selecting OculusMirror.exe.
98 REPLIES 98

Richooal
Consultant
Oculus Mirror             Some handy features here.

To actually see the "Settings" and "File" menus, I need to first click in the main window. Is this normal default behaviour? Or is it just mine?
It seems a little unWindows like to left click in the main window to toggle the menu bar.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Given the very small infio given on this update it will be VERY interesting to see what other surprises are  on in store for this latest final update.Maybe they are all positive, who knows? 

You certainly cannot see any corrections noted from the previous 13 ptc feedback. 

I'm esp. concerned whether or not X-Plane 11 will properly shutdown like it has since v1.36, and still does with v12.1.  I have not yet received this final update yet so I cannot say for sure.  When I do I'll let you all know.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

kgian76
Expert Protege
Any news of Oculus link microphone working again?

Netheri
Rising Star
As the mirror doesn't automatically remember the settings which were used but you have to automatically load the saved settings, the .bat stays more quicker way to run it at least for streaming purposes.

EDIT: Although, if the settings set with the UI are real time on mirror window itself, it helps to find the best fov multiplier.
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has this PTC turned final release helped anyone with the framedrop/stuttering problem? I keep seeing people complain about it elsewhere and also the USB disconnection issue that didn't exist before version 12 driver. I don't understand how the drivers keep getting updated without fixing known problems. How are you ever going to fix things when you keep adding in new variables to the problem? Is Oculus even working on this anymore?

Two months is way too long to wait for this to be fixed and the complaints just keep getting buried every time a new driver gets released. Oculus is not taking Rift S customers or this problem seriously at all.

Daws-ITA
Expert Protege
(Edit. Probably I don't get the real v13 update, even the release note said that.) 

V13 final is not good. (to use a polite word)
Got the same old latency stutters with no ASW acting. (GPU and CPU are below 11ms..but I guess this is not true.)
97qmnsp1uoda.jpeg
Why you've used an older runtime: version 1.44.0.17298 (from v12 PTC) instead of the recent v13 PTC 1.45.0.25069, that works way better, even it's not perfect??
Why when a good fix was found and reported, you're not using it??
You n.1 to let user loose fait.
You look like you're crawling in the dark with this mess of releases.
Come on guys you're better than this!

Daws-ITA
Expert Protege
Just to add that maybe even the download update show v13 new release note.. This is not looking as a new release... Is the update procedure messed up? 

DB_Blake
Honored Guest
I switched to PTC because my PC app version was 12 while my Quest auto-updated to 13. When I did this, I saw severe frame stutter problems making the headset unusable via Oculus Link in Unity. I tried this on a Rift as well and saw the same issue. Reverting back to v12 fixed it. Will this be fixed before release? Also will there be a mechanism in place for the future where I can guarantee that PC and Quest update at same time? This breaks my development workflow. 

nalex66
MVP
MVP

I switched to PTC because my PC app version was 12 while my Quest auto-updated to 13. When I did this, I saw severe frame stutter problems making the headset unusable via Oculus Link in Unity. I tried this on a Rift as well and saw the same issue. Reverting back to v12 fixed it. Will this be fixed before release? Also will there be a mechanism in place for the future where I can guarantee that PC and Quest update at same time? This breaks my development workflow. 

They just released PTC version 14, and it remains compatible with Quest v13, so it seems like they're making improvements on Quest-PC software compatibility.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo