cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v14 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Oculus Link

• A new button on Dash allows to you quickly exit Oculus Link to go back to the Quest Home screen.
  • Important note: This PTC software is not compatible with the Oculus Link feature on Oculus Quest if your Quest is still on software version v12 or lower. The v13 software update is rolling out to Quest currently, which will enable you to utilize Link on both PC software version v13 and this v14 PTC. We continue to work on improving this experience in future releases. Thanks for your patience!

Miscellaneous

• Various bug fixes and stability improvements
147 REPLIES 147

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice to see Link will work with two versions now ( 13 and 14).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still have to play with it more but this is the first release that has made a difference for me in the framedrops and stuttering introduced in version 12. I just played through a couple things with no significant drops for the first time in two months.

I'm still having bad tracking on slow movements and have to repeatedly unplug/replug the USB back in.  But at least its finally playable.

Maybe its my imagination but the haptic feedback feels stronger for some reason with this PTC.

Anonymous
Not applicable
This update seems to have mostly fixed my restart required boot loop. The headset is now connecting to both of my computers with minimal effort, maybe have to restart once but this is nothing major and I often had to do this before I got the bug. Only inconsistency is that the software seems to be forgetting my play space and I have to redraw it each time I restart the computer but this is minor and nothing really worth complaining about. Just happy to finally have it back online!

gregor616
Adventurer
I updated to 14 and my Quest is on 13 and I get a message to update my quest and just get the three dots of death if I try to run link. Any suggestions?
Oculus Quest 
AMD Ryzen 7 2700, GeForce RTX 2060 Super, 32GB, Asus B450 Motherboard

Coryh4225
Protege

gregor616 said:

I updated to 14 and my Quest is on 13 and I get a message to update my quest and just get the three dots of death if I try to run link. Any suggestions?

Yep same problem here........

gregor616
Adventurer
At least they should make the rollback from 14 go to 13 and not back to 12 Come on Oculus get it together!

Oculus Quest 
AMD Ryzen 7 2700, GeForce RTX 2060 Super, 32GB, Asus B450 Motherboard

MrBMT
Expert Protege
There is a bug where a previously recommended Render Resolution set via Oculus Debug Tool breaks Oculus Link when using PTC v14.
See Colonel_Izzi's post here for details.

I just got the v13 update on my Quest so opted in to the PTC and the v14 PC software was installed.
There definitely seems to be an issue with the v14 PTC software and v13 Quest software as when you you try to enable Oculus Link I just get the dreaded 3 dots now.
Opted out of the PTC again and it took me back to v12 PC Software, which obviously doesn't work with v13 Quest Software.
Link worked perfectly for me previously on v12 Quest software with v12 PC Software.

ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 & Thunderbolt 3 Add-in card, i7 7700k, 64GB RAM, GTX 1080Ti, 13TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro
Oculus Quest v13 Update, Official Oculus Link Headset Cable

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
OK, I just tried 14 PTC and it's a thumbs down from me with my Rift cv1 w/2x sensors. 

Performance seemed to be slightly down, but not by much.  I had to drop my SS with Assetto Corsa down to 1.9 from 2.0 in order to maintain 90fps.

Like 13 ptc, when I select the oculus vr desktop and shift my head right/left the left/right edges show large black artifacts.  To get rid of this I need to go to the dashboard/settings/graphics and enable vr panel rendering.  Selecting AA above this does not seem to do anything but bump my gpu usage up ~2x.

X-Plane 11 will not properly shutdown and I need to kill it with task manager.  This was something that has been fixed for a long time (~1.37) and has been fine until 13ptc updates.

I don't have a quest so I cannot say anything regarding it's performance with this beta update.

Anyway, I opted out of the beta and this rolled me back to 12.0.0.306.268 (although the what's new told me it was 13.0).  So, all works ok for now.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

morphee7
Expert Protege
lol ok this PTC hasnt fixed the mirror i still get this and to resolve it i have to delete the desktop shortcut, re-create one and type in the target path again to get it sometimes to work
6iaa6j8hc4c3.png
so i goto properties on the shortcut to put the target command in and wallop it closes on me and dont stop opening mirror windows

n85wch9i30k7.png
i really dont know how this is possible time to roll back to v13 because i feel now it is pointless reporting back on your PTC's because you do nothing with them and just throw out random updates with minimal release notwes and they seem based on the quest