cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v14 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Oculus Link

• A new button on Dash allows to you quickly exit Oculus Link to go back to the Quest Home screen.
  • Important note: This PTC software is not compatible with the Oculus Link feature on Oculus Quest if your Quest is still on software version v12 or lower. The v13 software update is rolling out to Quest currently, which will enable you to utilize Link on both PC software version v13 and this v14 PTC. We continue to work on improving this experience in future releases. Thanks for your patience!

Miscellaneous

• Various bug fixes and stability improvements
147 REPLIES 147

TeeZee1000
Honored Guest

MrBMT said:

I just got the v13 update on my Quest so opted in to the PTC and the v14 PC software was installed.
There definitely seems to be an issue with the v14 PTC software and v13 Quest software as when you you try to enable Oculus Link I just get the dreaded 3 dots now.
Opted out of the PTC again and it took me back to v12 PC Software, which obviously doesn't work with v13 Quest Software.
Link worked perfectly for me previously on v12 Quest software with v12 PC Software.

Yea the same is happening to me. They should just make the v13 a download link because the update via v12 is not working.

Richooal
Consultant
PTC 14.0.0.50.710

Just tried this out. Works fine for me.
I still run "homeless", but load it when a new release comes out. There are still "various bugs" in the *cough* rewards system.

I'd just like to ask why we get..........

Miscellaneous

and Quest users get.............

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a bug with party invitations, making it no longer possible to invite a user to a party that they are already in.
  • Fixed a bug related to app downloads that caused the headset to stop responding
  • Made the process of launching an app after switching from hand tracking to controllers more efficient.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused app purchase button text to be displayed oddly.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused a "Tracking Lost" when waking the headset up from a sleep state.
  • Fixed a bug where avatar thumbnails would sometimes not update in all locations after a change was made.
  • (Oculus Go) Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the display to lock up when waking the headset up from sleep.
  • Additional bug fixes and stability improvements.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Orkel
Adventurer
Weird ghosting jitter still exists in Oculus SDK version of VRchat

StreamofConscious
Expert Protege

Richooal said:

PTC 14.0.0.50.710

Just tried this out. Works fine for me.
I still run "homeless", but load it when a new release comes out. There are still "various bugs" in the *cough* rewards system.

I'd just like to ask why we get..........

Miscellaneous

and Quest users get.............

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a bug with party invitations, making it no longer possible to invite a user to a party that they are already in.
  • Fixed a bug related to app downloads that caused the headset to stop responding
  • Made the process of launching an app after switching from hand tracking to controllers more efficient.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused app purchase button text to be displayed oddly.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused a "Tracking Lost" when waking the headset up from a sleep state.
  • Fixed a bug where avatar thumbnails would sometimes not update in all locations after a change was made.
  • (Oculus Go) Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the display to lock up when waking the headset up from sleep.
  • Additional bug fixes and stability improvements.

Yeah, seriously. Its like they want everybody to just give up......and end up paying 800 bucks for a quest and a non-functioning ,or buggy as hell at best, Rift S.

loui100
Protege
Tried the PTC v14 with Stormlands but see no noticable difference in framerate, still can barely hit 50 fps on High with an RTX 2080 Super 😕

TripQue
Honored Guest
Adding my voice to the chorus RE: PTC v14 getting three dots/black screen with Oculus Link on Quest v13.  

The v13 software update is rolling out to Quest currently, which will enable you to utilize Link on both PC software version v13 and this v14 PTC

--This statement is demonstrably untrue given the numerous instances to the contrary recounted here, and the statement should be removed from the post.

OneFatal
Protege

loui100 said:

Tried the PTC v14 with Stormlands but see no noticable difference in framerate, still can barely hit 50 fps on High with an RTX 2080 Super 😕

Try to lower the fog quality, worked great for me

OneFatal
Protege

MrBMT said:

I just got the v13 update on my Quest so opted in to the PTC and the v14 PC software was installed.
There definitely seems to be an issue with the v14 PTC software and v13 Quest software as when you you try to enable Oculus Link I just get the dreaded 3 dots now.
Opted out of the PTC again and it took me back to v12 PC Software, which obviously doesn't work with v13 Quest Software.
Link worked perfectly for me previously on v12 Quest software with v12 PC Software.

Same from me, they need to improve the patching system, I want to play VR and I cant. We need to choose when we want to update our devices.

Yobiwan29
Adventurer
Like others, v14 doesn't work with quest v13 here (update your quest blablabla)
Oculus Quest 2 & 3 - MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge - i9 9900K - 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz - RTX 3080

MrBMT
Expert Protege
Lowering Render Resolution works around this, thanks to Colonel_Izzi for the details.

Some further information Re: v13 Quest and v14 PTC Software Oculus Link issues:
  • When you start Link, you can hear the Oculus Home environment, but you only get a black screen with three dots showing.
  • If you move about while the black screen/3 dots is happening, you can see your Guardian edges and if you move out of the play zone the Passthrough activates as normal.
  • When you move your controllers, you can hear your controllers moving over the UI.
  • If you run OculusMirror.exe within C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\ you can actually see the Oculus Rift home environment on your PC, and it moves as you turn with your headset on/move your controllers. So it's being mirrored correctly, but Link just isn't streaming it correctly to your Oculus Quest.
So currently, there's definitely an issue with Oculus Link with v13 on the Quest and the v14 PTC Software for PC.

ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 & Thunderbolt 3 Add-in card, i7 7700k, 64GB RAM, GTX 1080Ti, 13TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro
Oculus Quest v13 Update, Official Oculus Link Headset Cable