cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It won't allow me to download anything.

TheSpiderSwede
Honored Guest
This year because works great, I can go online but as of right now it's just a helmet to view an oversized Chromebook. Once I press a download button on an app or game, i.e. netf lix, it will fill the download bar. But once finished, it always says "could not download"
If there is any way to fix this, that would be great. What are your thoughts?
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having the same issue.

My Gear VR worked fine since Christmas. I tried to install some new apps in August (Parking VR and Incline) - it would download but at the end both would constantly get an error saying "could not install".
I tried one app (Base Blitz) that would install but always froze on a black screen at startup.

Ended up doing a factory reset - it has not fixed the issue. The same apps will not install. Minecraft, which was working before the reset, now freezes at startup too. Some apps do appear to reinstall and run okay though (Defence Grid 2).

Samsung support recommends sending phone in for repair. I don't want to do that if another fix is known. Maybe something to do with recent software updates?

stenopo
Explorer
Hey,

I have a Galaxy S6 and a Gear VR and I am in the same situation. I did a factory reset and it has not fixed the issue too. In the past, this issue was related with "com.facebook.appmanager" and the "com.facebook.appinstaller" libraries, but I checked and my device has both and active. The only thing that has changed is that now the names have changed to "Facebook App Installer" and "Facebook App Manager".

jgallin
Honored Guest
Im so happy this isnt just me.  So for the record the issue is with your account most likely and not the device.  You can test this by creating a new fake account and testing with a free app and it will probably work fine. Ive had GearVR since 2016 with no issues.  Then got the GO July of last year. Still fine.  Then had issues starting in October 2018 and went through everything with the GO.  They even finally had me send it back and during that time I tried my GearVR again and found the same issue.  So I knew it was the account.  Took them until February 2019 to finally fix the problem.  Had no issues since until the end of August this year.  Saw the issue on the GO where it said all my apps were installed but couldnt be accessed.  Couldnt download new from the store either.  Then tried my GearVR again.  Didnt work.  Tried my alternate account with the GearVR and it worked fine.  So it looks like the issue is back.  Since September 4th they will not reply to any of my messages.  Tbh while I love the devices I hate their support.  Maybe there is someway through here we could make them aware that people need help to get this resolved and maybe they need a phone number or some other way to get support.  

stenopo
Explorer
Tried with a brand new account, and it didn't work. I got the same bl bloody message: "Could not install" + [any app]. #frustratingmode:on

Anonymous
Not applicable
I ended up getting a new phone in which these apps worked on, using the same account.
However I have had to return the phone. So I will perhaps retry it with a new account.

woody1959
Honored Guest
Can't get my Samsung gear vr to work with Samsung S8 phone ,said it was compatible, app won't work at a loose end now .Controller synced ok downloaded games +videos says place phone in vr to activate, NOTHING 

Setnakt
Honored Guest
I'm having the same problem, except it shows a fake update immediately after downloading the app. I say fake because when I try to download the "update" it goes through the download again then shows the app as uninstalled. Then you can go through the entire process again and never get it to work! I'm not changing accounts because I already purchased several games. But I'll be damned if they get another penny from me! Damn crooks! 

keshavbhatt68
Explorer
process seems to carry out now a bit, two components are still not downloadoadble oculus media plugin (0.0Mb) and oculus browser (0.0Mb)  other downloads are working.

Louise62
Honored Guest
Purchased games would install,  headset arrived late and now I can't play any games , ridiculous ???
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?