cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S and Rift Build 13.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
All of these features and enhancements will become available throughout the week of February 3, 2019.

Events
  • We’ve made improvements to the Oculus Event Invite feature.
    • Event hosts can now allow guests to invite their own friends.
    • Viewing a developer created event will now allow you to view a list of all your friends who have indicated that they are interested in the event.
    • Viewing a user created event will now allow you to view a list of all users who have indicated that they are interested in the event as well as all users who have been invited to the event, similar to Events pages on Facebook.
    • You can control whether or not you appear as part of the above invited or interested lists via the "Who can see your activity on Oculus" privacy setting.
Oculus Mirror
  • We’ve exposed the customization options to the Oculus Mirror tool as a Graphical User Interface.
    • These options will allow you to do things like adjust the mirror type, choose which eye(s) is displayed on the mirror, adjust the FOV scale of the mirror, and also take screenshots.
    • You can also save and load Oculus Mirror settings within the File menu, which will also save and restore the window position and size.
    • Hotkeys for these new options can be found next to each item within the Settings and File menus.
    • The tool will automatically reconnect to the Oculus Service in the event of a service restart.
    • The Oculus Mirror tool can be launched by navigating to C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics and selecting OculusMirror.exe.
98 REPLIES 98

Cain-
Protege

Hey folks - As of yesterday afternoon (around 2pm pst), the v13 software update is available to 100% of users. If you don't yet have the update, I recommend using the Settings > Beta > Restart Oculus option to restart the service and then check in Library > Updates to see if the new software version is downloading. If that doesn't yield positive results, please contact customer support. Thanks!

Basically no-one here or in Reddit circles is able to find a v13 update it seems, so this seems more like an "Oculus needs to figure out why this is happening to everyone" problem rather than a "please contact support if you're an isolated case" problem.

Also, the "What's New" dialogue is showing v13 release notes for everything. It's showing v13 release notes for PTC v14, it's showing v13 release notes when you leave the PTC and get downgraded back to v12 (which is still happening as of an hour ago), and it's even showing v13 release notes for previous updates.

OneFatal
Protege

Hey folks - As of yesterday afternoon (around 2pm pst), the v13 software update is available to 100% of users. If you don't yet have the update, I recommend using the Settings > Beta > Restart Oculus option to restart the service and then check in Library > Updates to see if the new software version is downloading. If that doesn't yield positive results, please contact customer support. Thanks!

Would be awesome if true, but its not. I even got a live chat with oculus this morning and they said I should received within the next few days...This is getting really ridiculous.

TurinTurambar
Protege
I just checked and no, no v13 in sight!

gamersbubu
Explorer
Same here.  I am not getting v13.

maxstep
Explorer
Cannot update to v13 from v12 as updater cannot find it; and cannot roll back to v13 from the currently "three gray dots" broken v14 PTC as despite the update seemingly happening, the settings still says v14 and library keeps trying to redownload v13.

olikas
Honored Guest

I think you meant 0% of users and not 100% of users

Cain-
Protege

maxstep said:

Cannot update to v13 from v12 as updater cannot find it; and cannot roll back to v13 from the currently "three gray dots" broken v14 PTC as despite the update seemingly happening, the settings still says v14 and library keeps trying to redownload v13.

Temporary fix: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/729631/#Comment_729631

Netheri
Rising Star

Just noticed your post on this thread about the "update avail for 100% users". Is there some update server issue going on with this update, as no update here, also friend with Quest saying no ver. 13 installed?

(Yeah, service restarted etc. )

Also, could you give some direct feedback from forums to devs, that as in _almost_ EVERY OTHER hardware/software  these days where there's ongoing sw/firmware developement the actual "check for updates"-option is included as a "given" from the start, why isn't there this one little button in Oculus desktop app? 😄

EDIT: Well actually never mind, i guess there isn't any improvements for the CV1 anyway on the ver 13.  😄
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

OneFatal
Protege
There is an obvious issue with the update rollout, it's not working. I need my VR fix this weekend, come on wake up!

Shii
Protege
13.1 update released. Full version number: 13.0.0.280.463. Oculus Link confirmed as finally working by several people from Virtual Reality discord.
Intel Core i7-7700K, Asus ROG Strix Z270E Gaming, 32Gb RAM, MSI RTX 2080 8Gb Gaming X Trio