cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S and Rift Build 13.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
All of these features and enhancements will become available throughout the week of February 3, 2019.

Events
  • We’ve made improvements to the Oculus Event Invite feature.
    • Event hosts can now allow guests to invite their own friends.
    • Viewing a developer created event will now allow you to view a list of all your friends who have indicated that they are interested in the event.
    • Viewing a user created event will now allow you to view a list of all users who have indicated that they are interested in the event as well as all users who have been invited to the event, similar to Events pages on Facebook.
    • You can control whether or not you appear as part of the above invited or interested lists via the "Who can see your activity on Oculus" privacy setting.
Oculus Mirror
  • We’ve exposed the customization options to the Oculus Mirror tool as a Graphical User Interface.
    • These options will allow you to do things like adjust the mirror type, choose which eye(s) is displayed on the mirror, adjust the FOV scale of the mirror, and also take screenshots.
    • You can also save and load Oculus Mirror settings within the File menu, which will also save and restore the window position and size.
    • Hotkeys for these new options can be found next to each item within the Settings and File menus.
    • The tool will automatically reconnect to the Oculus Service in the event of a service restart.
    • The Oculus Mirror tool can be launched by navigating to C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics and selecting OculusMirror.exe.
98 REPLIES 98

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Hey everyone - thanks for the rapid feedback. I passed this info along to the team. They quickly investigated and found that there was indeed a previously unnoticed issue with the Rift rollout which prevented it from being available to the community. Really sorry for the miscommunication there and any inconvenience this caused! We’re working to remedy the situation as quickly as possible. We have confirmed that Rift S / Rift v13 has now been released to 30% of users. Our engineering team will review performance data, and assuming everything looks okay there, we will be making the update available to all users as soon as possible. The v13 Quest rollout is unaffected by the issue we discovered and that update has been made available to all users at this time. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Kareshi
Heroic Explorer
I'm on 12.0.0.306.268, Not updating from that until someone confirms that 13.0.0.280.463 is better and more stable. 

OneFatal
Protege
Got the 13, still have to do the resolution tweak, but i have no sound, tried everything. What a mess.

beci_123
Honored Guest

Hey everyone - thanks for the rapid feedback. I passed this info along to the team. They quickly investigated and found that there was indeed a previously unnoticed issue with the Rift rollout which prevented it from being available to the community. Really sorry for the miscommunication there and any inconvenience this caused! We’re working to remedy the situation as quickly as possible. We have confirmed that Rift S / Rift v13 has now been released to 30% of users. Our engineering team will review performance data, and assuming everything looks okay there, we will be making the update available to all users as soon as possible. The v13 Quest rollout is unaffected by the issue we discovered and that update has been made available to all users at this time. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

No, update is not available. I am still on version 12. Now I have useless piece of scrap. Thank you for nothing.

suppenhuhn
Explorer
On my PC when i go to Library -> Updates it's saying: Version 13 installed 17 hours ago
Althoug my installed Oculus App ( Windows PC ) is showing version number 12 ?!?

greetings from bavaria

Soulhike
Explorer
Cmon its weekend and i want to play with link!!! need Version 13 for PC. 14 doesn´t work for me.

Escape_Velocity
Honored Guest
If I might recommend something going forward. Please make sure you enable the next update simultaneously (Quest and Oculus Home) to customers that are using the Quest with Oculus Link to experience the PCVR platform. It's extremely sad to see how many people have been locked out of playing on the PCVR platform through Oculus Link for DAYS because the updates are not synchronized. I get that you need staggered/rolling updates, but once you enable one of them for a particular customer, you really should enable the other one simultaneously.

Richooal
Consultant

I get that you need staggered/rolling updates, but once you enable one of them for a particular customer, you really should enable the other one simultaneously.

Didn't you read the rest of the thread? Or even the post 3 above yours? ShowbizDonkey made it clear that they stuffed up the rollout. It wasn't intentional, but could have easily been prevented.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

JohnTK5528
Honored Guest
Nope - still 12 here.  Two calls logged with Oculus support who still don't seem to know about this 'stuffed up' rollout.  I can work with 14, but I'm getting glitches and some apps won't install.  It seems they still don't know how to fix this for everyone.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like Oculus could use a larger internal testing team.
This version 13 and 14 PTC rollout has been a cluster.