cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User - Silly question time - One Library to rule them all...

JokerNI
Honored Guest
Hi All

I've just bought a Oculus Quest and I must admit I'm very impressed. I love the way I can take it with me when I work away from home. One of the major selling points was the option to connect it to my home PC. Having the option to use my PC's horsepower is a major plus for the Quest! My only question / point so far is if I buy a game (say beats sabre for example) I really don't want to have to buy it twice. Is there any option to have one library for my quest? if its connected to my PC in Rift type mode is it possible to access my Quest library.

Keep up the great work!

3 REPLIES 3

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
Whats on the Quest stays on the Quest.  Or rather you need to understand what Oculus link is.   Your Quest is nothing more than a mobile phone inside.  Quest link streams the video from your PC to the Quest, Thats about it.  You need to buy apps for both systems,

If you have bought beat saber on the PC so you can play with PCVR hardware, then you will need to buy it again for Quest mode as it is a totally different system.  You would not expect your pc games to run on a mobile phone would you ?
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

JokerNI
Honored Guest
Thanks for the reply, I was thinking about something along the lines of Microsucks Play Anywhere, where you can buy a title and play it on both Xbox One and PC. As Oculus owns and runs the store as long as both titles are in both platforms in theory as long as you bought the title on one of the platforms, Oculus could allow you to download it for again for the other platform.  I know the Rift and Quest are different hardware but the common factor is the Oculus Store.

Yes its down to cost, but it was just an idea. 

Umpa_PC
Rising Star

JokerNI said:

Thanks for the reply, I was thinking about something along the lines of Microsucks Play Anywhere, where you can buy a title and play it on both Xbox One and PC. As Oculus owns and runs the store as long as both titles are in both platforms in theory as long as you bought the title on one of the platforms, Oculus could allow you to download it for again for the other platform.  I know the Rift and Quest are different hardware but the common factor is the Oculus Store.

Yes its down to cost, but it was just an idea. 

Yes that system does exist and its called 'cross play'. Buy a cross play game and it its available for free on the other system.  Beat Saber is not a cross play game, you have to buy it for both systems, or buy it once for the PC and play on the quest via link.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.