cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Look at your selection and press the volume button" doesn't work!

CameraTricks
Protege
When powering down my Quest, I am presented with an options menu to confirm what I want to do (e.g. shutdown). The instructions say to look at my desired selection and then press the headset's volume button to select it. In other words, it gives me instructions to make a selection without having to use the Touch controllers. The problem is that it doesn't work!

I turn my head to point to the various options but the highlighting doesn't move. The selection doesn't change. Pressing the volume button likewise does nothing. It doesn't even trigger whichever option was selected by default. It's completely broken functionality. I have no choice but to use the controller every time which is a nuisance when all I'm doing is picking up my headset to shut it down.
7 REPLIES 7

TheSleeve
Honored Guest
Hello, I'm experiencing the same behavior. Definitely inconvenient.

yaboymattvarney
Explorer
I also have this issue. It is apparent in a couple of different menus. Turning my head and pressing the volume has no effect whatsoever. What is the fix for this please. (128gb headset)

ezop73
Rising Star

I also have this issue. It is apparent in a couple of different menus. Turning my head and pressing the volume has no effect whatsoever. What is the fix for this please. (128gb headset)

TheSleeve said:

I see you all have 1st world issues, use the god damn controller, it's not hard

Strongit
Heroic Explorer

ezop73 said:

TheSleeve said:

I see you all have 1st world issues, use the god damn controller, it's not hard

The issue isn't that using the controller is difficult or inconvenient.  The issue is that following presented instructions on the screen doesn't work.  They either need to change the text asking to use the controllers or update the software so that what it's asking you to do actually works.
Quest 1, i5-8600K at 4.7 GHz, eVGA 1080 ti FTW3, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16 GB 3200 MHz

SteveG7RTA
Heroic Explorer
Pressing the volume button has never worked this way since the launch of the Quest back in May last year. I’d have thought they’d have done something about it by now, but I guess there are more important issues.

HITVRClass
Honored Guest
pressing the controllers o button and arrow together has returned the controller and now I was able to make a selection

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have observed to make this work u must move the head, then a white dot appear and point with your head at any button then press any volume button.