cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post your Skyrim VR reviews and impressions and discussion here.

LZoltowski
Champion
rmbxnynm6ib6.jpg

Hello all, the big one is launching very soon. Rather than having a billion threads on it, lets all share and discuss in this thread to help others make an informed purchase!

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
1,137 REPLIES 1,137

cybernettr
Superstar
I only have the one mod that shows the roads on the map.

cybernettr
Superstar
I found the answer to the "Phantom Ice Helmet" on Reddit. It's not a VR only issue, but an unwanted magic after-effect LOL.

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/28am4v/i_have_this_ice_thing_stuck_under_my_feet_how_can/

cybernettr
Superstar
I had a weird experience playing Skyrim VR last night. I was in this cave with Serana, no one else around, when suddenly, through my Oculus headphones, I hear a man cough loudly into my ears (hope he didn't have Coronavirus). Like I said, I was in a cave with only Serana. No, no one else was in the household. I was all by myself.

You read that right. I clearly, distinctly and loudly heard someone cough into my oculus headphones. This is on my third playthrough of Skyrim VR, and this is the FIRST and only time I EVER had an experience like this!!!

I decided that, rather than Mark Zuckerberg eavesdropping on me, it most likely had something to do with the latest mod I installed, Legend of the Dragonborn. But it sure creeped the hell out of me.

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star

I had a weird experience playing Skyrim VR last night. I was in this cave with Serana, no one else around, when suddenly, through my Oculus headphones, I hear a man cough loudly into my ears (hope he didn't have Coronavirus). Like I said, I was in a cave with only Serana. No, no one else was in the household. I was all by myself.

You read that right. I clearly, distinctly and loudly heard someone cough into my oculus headphones. This is on my third playthrough of Skyrim VR, and this is the FIRST and only time I EVER had an experience like this!!!

I decided that, rather than Mark Zuckerberg eavesdropping on me, it most likely had something to do with the latest mod I installed, Legend of the Dragonborn. But it sure creeped the hell out of me.

I haven't played in nearly a year due to other priorities, but the mod is actually called Legacy of the Dragonborn and I think it has it's own NPC's that travel to different areas of the game...if I remember correctly. It could just be a glitch in the game though...especially since we are all modding the snot out of it...LOL!! Something weird is bound to happen with all that modding. Definitely creepy with the state of things though...

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0

Jake_Dragon
Adventurer
I miss playing Skyrim VR. after I rebuilt my computer I never installed it. But I remember having so much fun. 
The first time a bear charged at me scared the crap out of me. Ok I got the bug, will be installing it this weekend.

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star
When I was playing highly modded, the first time I had the giant spiders in one of the caves jumped down from above I nearly shit my pants and actually let out a scream, my skipped a beat (felt like lightning struck me). I even new they were there from playing flatrim...but still that was quite intense...LOL!!

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
SkyrimVR, Fallout 4 VR and Borderlands 2 VR.......three games everyone with a PCVR should own, they are all awesome.....and i even own two of them also on the PSVR.
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

inovator
Consultant

OmegaM4N said:

SkyrimVR, Fallout 4 VR and Borderlands 2 VR.......three games everyone with a PCVR should own, they are all awesome.....and i even own two of them also on the PSVR.

I agree I put 100 hours on skyrim  on playstation vr  then when pcvr skyrim came out 10 hours which was more awsome in room scale. Why only 10 hours? Well suddenly many awsome made for vr games came out. Fallout is great on pc. Borderlands on playstation vr was good but I stopped playing it because it will be better on pc. I'm now playing half life alex but hope to have time to get back to all 3 u mentioned eventually.

Jake_Dragon
Adventurer

I was walking through the first cave with the spiders and I heard a dark elf voice from somewhere. Very odd..

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee

inovator said:

OmegaM4N said:

I agree I put 100 hours on skyrim  on playstation vr  then when pcvr skyrim came out 10 hours which was more awsome in room scale. Why only 10 hours? Well suddenly many awsome made for vr games came out. Fallout is great on pc. Borderlands on playstation vr was good but I stopped playing it because it will be better on pc. I'm now playing half life alex but hope to have time to get back to all 3 u mentioned eventually.

Yeah i have stopped playing Skyrim and BL2 VR on the PSVR once i bought the PC versions, best HMD to play them on bar none for me is the CV1 with those fantastic controllers, then the Vive even without thumbsticks on those wands the track is the best, and the PSVR is way last due to the worst vr controllers to date, with the worst tracking, but fine in a push if all you got for VR is the PS4, but once you taste PCVR there is no going back.

HL:A is amazing, but i stopped playing it just because at this point i have such a back cat of VR games to get through, the three i mentioned are just chock full of content, i have no idea when i will be finished with BL2 VR, i am still on my first charactor run through at level 47 and i have just over 40 hours play time. lol
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.