cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asgard's Wrath Download Issues

AvengedSevenSam
Honored Guest
Hi,

Whenever I try to download Asgard's Wrath, the game just stops downloading when it's at about 20 GB. When I check my SSD, there is a 129GB sized file called ''Staging'', and in it is a file called ''sinzaru games inc wrath. When I try to redownload it, I can't since theres no more room until I remove the Staging file. So when I remove this file, I can download it again but then again the same issue comes. I have 140GB free, but still it says after a couple of minutes downloading that my SSD is completely full.

77 REPLIES 77

davidmmbgsu
Honored Guest
Just managed to successfully install after numerous failed attempts.

I have 2 drive, a solid state with windows installed (C) and a second drive where I keep everything else (D). During my original install I installed Oculus software to D drive, failed numerous times to install Asgards. I restarted, turned off firewall and antivirus, made exceptions, made sure I had adequate space, still no luck. I finally deleted Oculus software and reinstalled it on my C drive and installed asgards on C and viola, it now works. I didn't even have to turn off firewall/antivirus or anything.

Hope this is helpful to anyone else having issues.

TurinTurambar
Protege
I have the same problem, but not with AW, but in general with any game. Exactly the logs shows:

[Debug] [09/02/2020 20:32:18] Loaded manifest for 'virtual-human-interaction-lab-coral-compass-fighting-climate-change-in-palau' version code 5
[Debug] [09/02/2020 20:32:18] Committing changes.
[Debug] [09/02/2020 20:32:19] Creating NTFS transaction.
[Debug] [09/02/2020 20:32:19] Computing hash map
[Debug] [09/02/2020 20:32:19] Committing changes.
[Debug] [09/02/2020 20:32:19] Number of chunks that need to be downloaded: 526.
[Warning] [09/02/2020 20:36:26] Oaf requested cancellation: 'Download paused.'.
[Warning] [09/02/2020 20:36:26] Oaf IPC connection lost!
[Debug] [09/02/2020 20:36:26] IPC connection destroyed.
[Debug] [09/02/2020 20:36:26] Exiting with code 42 (ErrorCancelRequested).

See that 4 minutes jump? It was downloading fine for four minutes, then it had the error and cancelle everything. I didn't pause or cancel anything, of course.

TheRealSpesch
Honored Guest
I had the same problem... couldn't download Asgard's Wrath, any other game or app was fine. 

And now I found a fix that works for me!

Volunteer Moderator LZoltowski gave here the hint to try a VPN connection for the download initialization and now I have complete the AW download successfully! I used a VPN nearly my resident country (I live in Germany, I used a Denmark connection) only for the connection establishment and disconnected the VPN after I passed over my critical download point (around 520mb). 

I used my paid VPN service (VPN Unlimited) but any other (free) VPN service should work as well.

TurinTurambar
Protege
I was going to say the same. I'm trying to download the same app (a doc video thing) and it's failing every time when it reahes 2.7gb downloaded. That seems to indicate the file is CORRUPTED in the Facebook server! In my case, the file comes from  ** edge-oculus-shv-01-mad1.fbcdn.net **
So with a VPN, you are downloading stuff from another CDN server, instead of the one with the corrupted files.

Of course, the solution is not for users to have to pay a friggin VPN, it's for Oculus to fix their servers, or as a minimum, give a workaround to change download region.

Rolli81
Honored Guest
So 

I’m also from Germany and read this thread. I try to download Asgard since many hours. I’m trying the VPN thing and I’m almost done with European servers. The furthest it goes is 8.04GB (approx same as without VPN).

it seems that it’s 2 things: corrupted files from wherever you download but also not at the same spots (I spoke about 520MB whilst mine is at 8.04GB)

no idea but that sucks / support also not responding as it’s clear to me there is some people having this problem....

I’m now on a New Zealand VPN..... will keep trying

maybe someone can just send me the whole game ? 

Rolli81
Honored Guest
Got it solved using the New Zealand VPN until I got above 8GB 

please fix EU Servers 

Charlez199
Protege
Same thing here.

Staging folder shows content is downloaded, but Oculus software doesn't complete the installation.
I raised a case on Oculus Technical Support site.  Still waiting...

The OVRLibraryService.Log has limited stuff on Asgard's Wrath, with no sign of any problem :
vzz6aelcl9pu.png

nuatzew75ot7.png
PS. The game was downloaded through PIA VPN.

Rolli81
Honored Guest
Hrmm I was able to install the game after the download went through... reads all like massive problems in their System 😞

haukejan_hasbar
Honored Guest
Didn´t work for me. Used VPN Denmark, New Zealand, US, UK.. i´m also from Germany. Same Problem. Download stopped at 516 MB. With VPN on, i can download 8 gb...any idea?

loui100
Protege

Didn´t work for me. Used VPN Denmark, New Zealand, US, UK.. i´m also from Germany. Same Problem. Download stopped at 516 MB. With VPN on, i can download 8 gb...any idea?

Same here 😞 What the hell Oculus? First the stuttering, now we can't even download games we paid for? This is ridiculous.