New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift S Sound Device Issue

oOZeitgeistOooOZeitgeistOo Posts: 3
NerveGear
Everytime when i play my Sound Device (Rift S) disconnects (I get a quick Freeze and then i cant hear nothing). I have to deactivate and active all Sound Devices and then it works, but when im Ingame after  a couple of minutes it happenns again. I know there is a Problem with Windows 1909 Build ...

... BUT, what can i do to fix this annoying Issue ? On my Support Ticket i get no Answer.
I have tried everything (all recommended Things on the  Support Page).

Make it sense to downgrade to an older Windows Build ? I`m sure im not alone with this Problem. Any Fixes ? Would be nice if someone can help me where had this same  Issue.

Comments

• AnolCorzairAnolCorzair Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Hello, I have the same issue. So this is software problem.. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

How long you ingame untill that happens? For me it is kind of 30-40 minutes
  • oOZeitgeistOooOZeitgeistOo Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Maybe 10 minutes? I have bought now an Inatek PCI Card to get the USB Power direct from the PSU. Maybe this helps.
    NerveGear
    edited February 11
    Reply pls in this topic if it helps then
  • oOZeitgeistOooOZeitgeistOo Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited February 14
    My Sound Issues are gone after installing the Card. Give it a try too if you want
    I cant post Links because i have to be hanging around longer here, but this is the Card
    Inateck PCIe USB 3.0 card 4 ports with 2 SATA power cables, KTU3FR-4P

NerveGear
    So it looks like power consumption issue. 

Also for me it was kind of fixed for 5 days or so. I played a lot of sessions more than 2 hours each and everything was fine till yesterday. For some reason it's back. Well, if I don't find any software solve I'll probably take your advice. Thanks for answer.
  • HardGlockHardGlock Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    I found that with sound cutting out it was a 'running out of RAM' issue.  I doubled my RAM and that issue disappeared.  The mic, well, that's a whole different question....