New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How to improve Quest tracking capabilities with external lighthouse?

iTesla8iTesla8 Posts: 99
Hiro Protagonist
Hello
I would like to improve the tracking capabilities of Oculus Quest controllers with external lighthouse.
Is it possible to achieve this?
My Own PC Build: NZXT Source S340 White > Corsair RM1000i > Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming > CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.5Ghz > Deepcool Captain120 EX > RAM KHX2400C15/16G | 4pcs = 64GB > Asus GTX1070 Dual O8G > Samsung U32J59xUQ 4K > Realtek High Definition Audio > Intel SSD 760p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.1 1TB > Intel SSD 600p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.2 1TB > AZIO Retro Classic Copper > Razer Mamba Hyperflux = Oculus Quest/Link

Best Answer

Answers

• MikeFMikeF Posts: 869
    3Jane
    No, the two systems cannot work together on any level
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,996 Volunteer Moderator
    They only work with the original Rift.
    If iTesla8 literally means lighthouse units then they only work with Vive, Index and Pimax (and some others), no Oculus product is compatible.
    If they actually mean Oculus external sensors, those only with with the original Rift as you say.

• Nomad-76Nomad-76 Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    When/if the Vive Cosmos gets made compatible with Sensors/Lighthouses it is going to be a pretty big draw in its favour. Especially if they drop the price (more than likely they won't).
  • iTesla8iTesla8 Posts: 99
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thank you for answers, too bad there is no lighthouse compatible with Quest, would be good to improve tracking mostly when moving controllers on the back where Headset cameras can't see.
    My Own PC Build: NZXT Source S340 White > Corsair RM1000i > Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming > CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.5Ghz > Deepcool Captain120 EX > RAM KHX2400C15/16G | 4pcs = 64GB > Asus GTX1070 Dual O8G > Samsung U32J59xUQ 4K > Realtek High Definition Audio > Intel SSD 760p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.1 1TB > Intel SSD 600p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.2 1TB > AZIO Retro Classic Copper > Razer Mamba Hyperflux = Oculus Quest/Link
  • grove21grove21 Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    edited February 11
    I wish we could use sensors from cv1 for at least additional controllers tracking...