New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Stutter even after V13 update

Doddsy7Doddsy7 Posts: 1
NerveGear
Anyone else still getting horrible frame drops even after the V13 update? I use quest with link. I only tried beat saber and am yet to try other games but i'm wondering if some still have it like me
Tagged:

Comments

• adam.poole.313adam.poole.313 Posts: 154
    Art3mis
    I do on the Rift S. It briefly worked with a PTC version 14 update but then it was just broken in the next PTC update again. I don't think Oculus headsets are viable anymore. They can get broken at any second with a forced update.
    Oculus Rift S, CV1
    Intel i7-8700K
    ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero
    16GB DDR4 x 2
    4 TB SDD, 2 TB SSD, 1 TB SSD
    Windows 10 Home
  • vargabloodvargablood Posts: 75
    Hiro Protagonist
    I use it with many AAA Titles like Assetto Corsa or Pcars 2 and its running very performant. there are no frame drops or stutter.
  • hombrenehombrene Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    sometimes, but it's playable most of the time
  • SagarothSagaroth Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited February 13
    Doddsy7 said:
    Anyone else still getting horrible frame drops even after the V13 update? I use quest with link. I only tried beat saber and am yet to try other games but i'm wondering if some still have it like me
    Yep, I still have the same issue which was present from v12. Now even after update v13.1 (5 days ago) the issue continues..
    I have a Rift S and when monitoring a game FPS, the FPS is constantly 80, but when moving head the Stuttering is awful. Before v12 the problem was not there!

Oculus you must fix this. I'm sick every 30 minutes because of this head movement stutter..

Is there a new fix or new Beta Firmware which fixes this issue?
    Yep, I've tried v14 from the Beta and the issue still exist...

Thanks!
  • PaulRaPaulRa Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Still stuttering using Oculus Quest with the official Oculus Link cable, ver 14 across the board. Same with otehr cables, with plugging it into other ports, disconnecting other USB devices, reinstalling Windows, all the drivers, disabling all processes suspected to impact performance. Has been happening for months now since the initial Link release.