cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Into The Radius on the Oculus Store tomorrow

Looks and sounds really good:

https://www.vrfocus.com/2020/02/survival-horror-into-the-radius-arrives-on-oculus-store-tomorrow/
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3
22 REPLIES 22

loui100
Protege
Wow, it's basically Stalker VR, looks promising.

loui100 said:

Wow, it's basically Stalker VR, looks promising.

That's exactly what i thought.  I loved the original Stalker on PC (played it around 2007 i think)!  Never completed it - didn't totally understand what was going on but just loved how realistic and atmospheric it was.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Tried the beta about 4 months ago, it was really bad, but let's see if the devs managed some profound improvements. I'm not touching this game until I see some promising ratings. 2c.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@RuneSR2 - I take it you aren't going into the Radius? What didn't you like about it so that I can compare it to the updated version? The graphics don't look all that good to me due to the world looking a bit empty, but if the gameplay is great that might not be a problem.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RedRizla said:

@RuneSR2 - I take it you aren't going into the Radius? What didn't you like about it so that I can compare it to the updated version? The graphics don't look all that good to me due to the world looking a bit empty, but if the gameplay is great that might not be a problem.

The graphics were really bad, everything was gray more or less, felt like there was not any proper intro, controls felt bad too. I loved the old Stalker game, but the Radius beta felt like something 2-3 dudes had made in their sparetime. Colors and design felt poor. Again, I'd love to be wrong about the final version, but the beta I tried for about 1 hour was so poor I refused to spend more time on it, including giving the devs feedback. I uninstalled the beta completely after I tried it and never went back. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

RuneSR2 said:

Tried the beta about 4 months ago, it was really bad, but let's see if the devs managed some profound improvements. I'm not touching this game until I see some promising ratings. 2c.

Oh damn.  Well hopefully there have been improvements because it sounds good. 

Thanks for the heads up!

cmmarketing
Explorer

RuneSR2 said:

RedRizla said:

The graphics were really bad, everything was gray more or less, felt like there was not any proper intro, controls felt bad too. I loved the old Stalker game, but the Radius beta felt like something 2-3 dudes had made in their sparetime. Colors and design felt poor. Again, I'd love to be wrong about the final version, but the beta I tried for about 1 hour was so poor I refused to spend more time on it, including giving the devs feedback. I uninstalled the beta completely after I tried it and never went back. 

@RuneSR2  The game has made huge improvements since the Beta you played months ago. Since Early Access and most recently the Milestone 4 update, the game has improved in every aspect; new gameplay features and improvements, new art, animations, collectibles, and a major rebalance to the shop and loot system. 

The tutorial has gotten an overhaul so it's more coherent, but still needs improvements. The graphics and art have been the biggest noticeable improvement, the world feels a lot more fuller and a lot less grey than it used to be.

I recommend going to read the patch notes on Steam and checking out some of the most recent Let's Play / Streams on Youtube and Twitch. BenPlaysVR has a good one coming out today and NorkDorf will be doing a livestream on Twitch this Friday if you want to check it out.  

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RuneSR2 said:

RedRizla said:

@RuneSR2  The game has made huge improvements since the Beta you played months ago. Since Early Access and most recently the Milestone 4 update, the game has improved in every aspect; new gameplay features and improvements, new art, animations, collectibles, and a major rebalance to the shop and loot system. 

The tutorial has gotten an overhaul so it's more coherent, but still needs improvements. The graphics and art have been the biggest noticeable improvement, the world feels a lot more fuller and a lot less grey than it used to be.

I recommend going to read the patch notes on Steam and checking out some of the most recent Let's Play / Streams on Youtube and Twitch. BenPlaysVR has a good one coming out today and NorkDorf will be doing a livestream on Twitch this Friday if you want to check it out.  

Good to hear - I think I used the Index to test the game, but I'm not completely sure. I can see the game has gotten 40 "mixed" reviews on Steam, so there are several negative reviews.
I'm wondering if the game might look better using CV1 (oled) than Index (lcd) due to several low light / dark locations. I do love the genre, which I why I opted in for the beta. If reviews are great in the Oculus Store I wouldn't mind trying the game again.
Just checked out the Steam page - the screenshots do look a lot better than the beta I played. 

I just saw that this trailer was released less than 24 hours ago - does look promising:

https://youtu.be/dllkRQVP91A

OK, i love the look of that trailer!