cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with CV1 Touch Controller - Right Controller Intermittently Stops Accepting Inputs

NateroniPizza
Honored Guest
Hello all,

I'm coming back to VR after a couple-year-long hiatus, and I'm running into an issue with the right Touch controller (CV1). I've been searching online, and haven't been able to find any information specifically describing this situation - only the controller not working altogether.

The issue: Everything will be working fine, but after 5-10 minutes the right Touch controller will cease accepting inputs (button pushes, finger presence detection, joystick input). All tracking continues to work - I'm able to move my hands around in VR without a problem, then suddenly I will realize I am unable to drop or pick things up. I have to pull the battery and re-insert it in order to get it to start recognizing input.

Any ideas what this could be? I believe I'm running the newest software (I'd better be, as I installed the Oculus app 2 nights ago), but am not 100% on firmware. In the past, there was a "check for updates" button, but in their infinite wisdom, Oculus either removed this or hid it well enough that I can't find it. How would I go about determining if the firmware is up to date?

Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2

NateroniPizza
Honored Guest
I just realized there is a tech support forum - could this be moved over there, if appropriate?

Richooal
Consultant
The current firmware version for the CV1 Touch Controllers is........
                        f3c65f7a5f

g6l6al8kvvrm.jpg
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.