cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v14 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Oculus Link

• A new button on Dash allows to you quickly exit Oculus Link to go back to the Quest Home screen.
  • Important note: This PTC software is not compatible with the Oculus Link feature on Oculus Quest if your Quest is still on software version v12 or lower. The v13 software update is rolling out to Quest currently, which will enable you to utilize Link on both PC software version v13 and this v14 PTC. We continue to work on improving this experience in future releases. Thanks for your patience!

Miscellaneous

• Various bug fixes and stability improvements
147 REPLIES 147

Anonymous
Not applicable
Would love to continue my support ticket but they haven't replied to me in 14 days after telling me they would get back to me in 3-4 days...

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
@"adam.poole.313" and @iZombie91 - I totally empathize with your frustration. I was able to locate both your tickets and checked in with support on them. It appears they are both still open and under investigation, which can sometimes take a while for certain issues. You should either hear back from support shortly and/or know that support is following up with engineering on the things you have reported, depending on what they determine are best next steps for your specific issues. While I don't have any resolutions for you here, I do want to thank you for hanging in there while the team works through this.

GeekyGami
Adventurer

I’m a little frustrated.
During the previous days the software v12 and PTC14 didn’t work on Quest v13.
This morning I’ve seen on this forum that there was an update, so I repaired my v12 with the latest default.
Fine, finally I had the v13, but it didn’t work and the software suggested an update... so it became v12 again!
Now I’m installing from scratch, but it’s 6.47GB every time. 
What is exactly the best procedure to install everything properly?

UPDATE: I've reinstalled, the v13 works fine, but after few minutes I received a notification about a required update to do. SNOOZE IT! If it started it returns to the v12.

I'm reinstalling for the 4th time in a row. 😞

If it's about trying to prevent an update from happening, you can use something like Process Explorer, find OVRLibraryService and suspend it.

Oculus won't restart it, and it won't download anything.
Keep in mind this means it won't download your games though.

If they can install properly at all anyways

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oculus please for the love - get rid of the annoying red X warning showing in the Rift S headset desktop app saying headset has no audio when using the audio jack.
I know you have much bigger fish to fry right now, but at some point it would be nice to see this fixed and my headset show all green in the desktop app.

StreamofConscious
Expert Protege

Richooal said:

MrBMT said:

Not one week later the PTC is updated again and I do not have the option to skip the update....

When you have a build that works well for you, you can just turn off automatic updates within the Oculus Software under Settngs -> General -> Automatic App Updates can't you?

No, you can not.

That only stops Apps/Games from updating. Oculus updates are forced through, unfortunately.

Yup. So basically Oculus is saying....it will work for everybody when we figure out how to make it all work together.....no matter how long it takes. So, settle in....its not like we sold you a product and promised that it would ALWAYS work. LOL. I mean, working every 3 updates is a pretty good percentage, if you look at how often they put them out lately, right?

StreamofConscious
Expert Protege

Richooal said:
Somebody, somewhere, is listening.

Whoever could that be? ::smile: The v13 release notes showing under 'What's New' for the previous v14 PTC release was a bug that has been escalated. The correct v14 release notes that you're seeing under 'What's New' are the same ones that were shared as the OP for this thread. There were no additions / major edits from the new PTC update that went up yesterday.

@@"adam.poole.313" It is surprising to hear that you're having severe issues again, as nothing major changed to my knowledge, as mentioned above. I'd recommend continuing to troubleshoot via your support ticket. We did ship a couple v13 updates to help with performance issues / frame drops that were being mentioned here on the forums, but from what I've been seeing, it appears most of those have been resolved at this time. If you haven't done so already, you may want to explore a completely clean installation of the Oculus software, if not a fresh Windows reinstall, in an effort to get back to a known good configuration.

As always, if others are experiencing issues with this latest software release (or any software version) please be sure to utilize the Help Center > Provide Feedback option in the desktop software to file a bug report.

You know....Oculus support is a strange thing. They considered my ticket closed when I told them that the only way I could get my Rift S to work even semi-reliably was to hack a software downgrade back to pre-December update which effectively made it so I couldn't connect to Oculus Home without changing system files. How is that a fixed ticket? I've come to realize that Oculus has so much going on, with this Frankenstein build they are trying to create that will run everything, that trying to test each new iteration is a large drain of time. So, again, why are users being forced to beta test against their will? Why not let people roll back to a version when nobody was complaining. I mean support is telling people that their Rift S, which has worked fine for months, is somehow suddenly broken or worse, that their system is somehow not compatible now. Talk about madness.

skoutan
Honored Guest
After reading these discussion, I was able to connect Oculus Quest and PC by Oculus Link.
but, Oculus Quest gets frozen right away after connection to PC.
It was always happened at previous version. This version gets worse.
Time that device works got shorter.
I'm desiring the improvement for this problem.

morphee7
Expert Protege

dburne said:

Oculus please for the love - get rid of the annoying red X warning showing in the Rift S headset desktop app saying headset has no audio when using the audio jack.
I know you have much bigger fish to fry right now, but at some point it would be nice to see this fixed and my headset show all green in the desktop app.

i cant understand how oyur getting that problem as i have the bionic mantis earphones on mine and never had that red cross, and this brings me back to my previos statement about i believe there to be different revisions of the rift s.

Well after this latest release that i got at like 4am yesterday morning assetto corsa competizione looked amazing again and looked flawless and that was with ASW on auto on the debug tool but i must admit that was only with 10 people in the server but i will do more testing tonight hopefully with more people in a server and then test higher grsphics settings

StreamofConscious
Expert Protege

morphee7 said:

dburne said:

i cant understand how oyur getting that problem as i have the bionic mantis earphones on mine and never had that red cross, and this brings me back to my previos statement about i believe there to be different revisions of the rift s.

Well after this latest release that i got at like 4am yesterday morning assetto corsa competizione looked amazing again and looked flawless and that was with ASW on auto on the debug tool but i must admit that was only with 10 people in the server but i will do more testing tonight hopefully with more people in a server and then test higher grsphics settings

Morphee7,

I've been wondering about different revisions of the Rift S myself. It seems some people are saying that they have never had a problem, some are saying they have the black screen problem, some have the displayport disconnected issue, some have the USB not detected issue. At this point I have to believe that Oculus has at least some idea of what PC hardware is causing issues....there must be some pattern. If they were more open with this whole thing then maybe people could provide some good testing that could be used to build a matrix of affected hardware. From there they could give people a heads up of what to expect or not expect. Instead....vague recited answers that enlighten no one about anything. If a particular version of Nvidia card or USB 3.0 interface needs an update how can anyone act on it if Oculus isn't releasing any info?

Anonymous
Not applicable

morphee7 said:

dburne said:

Yeah well today, go figure, mine has been showing all green with no fake warnings. Been a long time since I have seen that, no idea whatsoever why it was all green today.
Will see what tomorrow brings LOL.

Either way though, at least my Rift S has been working perfectly all along for me.