cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v14 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Oculus Link

• A new button on Dash allows to you quickly exit Oculus Link to go back to the Quest Home screen.
  • Important note: This PTC software is not compatible with the Oculus Link feature on Oculus Quest if your Quest is still on software version v12 or lower. The v13 software update is rolling out to Quest currently, which will enable you to utilize Link on both PC software version v13 and this v14 PTC. We continue to work on improving this experience in future releases. Thanks for your patience!

Miscellaneous

• Various bug fixes and stability improvements
147 REPLIES 147

SectionOne
Expert Protege
I've installed the Oculus v14 and now i get a message on my PC:
"A Quest software update is available for Oculus Link (Beta). ..."

My Quest is on v13 and shows no updates...

guenter.huber22
Explorer
@SectionOne
Seems you got the issue where you must rename the Oculus Virtual Audio Device to "Headphones" in Windows Sound control panel. See:
www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/f0ni0m/oculus_link_fix_for_those_of_you_who_has_kicked/

nalex66
MVP
MVP

I've installed the Oculus v14 and now i get a message on my PC:
"A Quest software update is available for Oculus Link (Beta). ..."

My Quest is on v13 and shows no updates...

That message is there for everyone, you can ignore it. There is no update for Quest beyond v13, but it should still work. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

SectionOne
Expert Protege
Well, it worked for a while.
Then when I restarted my computer and my quest it stopped working and I had to opt-out of the PTC. Otherwise clicking "Enable Link" would just keep showing the Quest Home.

C4mr0n
Honored Guest
Does anyone else have this bug where the PC tells you to update the quest, but no update is available? If I try to go on link, it shows the three dots, and kicks me back to the menu. I'm at V13 on the quest and it stopped working after I updated it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Everyone with problems should try the below method to install the 1.43 driver at least just to confirm that your problem is the tainted Oculus drivers.  There is no risk in trying this. If it doesn't work then you just let the Oculus software download the latest driver again and you are back where you were. If it does work let Oculus know about it. They should go back to this version and rebuild everything to get to the current build... but test it as they go to see when it breaks. Right now they are searching for a needle in a haystack while we all go cross eyed watching our screens stutter and looking like idiots unplugging/replugging our USB cables a thousand times.

guenter.huber22
Explorer

C4mr0n said:

Does anyone else have this bug where the PC tells you to update the quest, but no update is available?...

If you´d just bother to scroll 3 posts up, there is the solution (reddit) repeated again.

morphee7
Expert Protege
now i can understand having to reset the guardian everytime you put on the quest  with it being a standalone but the rift s?
it everytime i turn my pc back on and put the heasdset on, but now i get the squared background and the 3 loading dots before hand, infact yesterday i took the headset off put it down came back 10 mins later and i had to do it again while i was still ingame.
Guys just stop releasing patches and updates to a flawed/broken software and concentrate on building from the ground up instead of 20 different people working on different parts of the code in probably different buildings or even countries

RomeoAlpha
Explorer

Everyone with problems should try the below method to install the 1.43 driver at least just to confirm that your problem is the tainted Oculus drivers.  There is no risk in trying this. If it doesn't work then you just let the Oculus software download the latest driver again and you are back where you were. If it does work let Oculus know about it. They should go back to this version and rebuild everything to get to the current build... but test it as they go to see when it breaks. Right now they are searching for a needle in a haystack while we all go cross eyed watching our screens stutter and looking like idiots unplugging/replugging our USB cables a thousand times.

I'll give this a go over my next weekend and will report back. I've been dealing with constant head tracking stutter for weeks now and I'm at my wits end. 

C4mr0n
Honored Guest

C4mr0n said:

Does anyone else have this bug where the PC tells you to update the quest, but no update is available?...

If you´d just bother to scroll 3 posts up, there is the solution (reddit) repeated again.

I've already tried that method and it still kicks me back. It still says I need to update my quest.

Edit: never mind, I just had to restart my PC.Thanks!