cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link Freezing

TheGuineaPig
Explorer
I've seen many that have this issue, but no solutions have worked for me.
The issue is that oculus link after a few minutes freezes in the headset whilst still running on my pc, I've tried different usb ports and meet all the specs. Anyone have any solutions that worked for them?
7 REPLIES 7

neovirage
Honored Guest
I have the same problem. It worked beautifully until the latest update. After that I can't connect my Quest to my  computer without it freezing after a few seconds.

TheGuineaPig
Explorer
Have you found a solution? Because I almost only use oculus link now and am almost unable to play games I paid money for...

PWal83
Protege
I'm the same it worked fine on version 11 started freezing on 12 and is even worse on 13, if anyone does find a fix please let me know. 

neovirage
Honored Guest
I finally got my freeze issue to go away after the v13 update. It
worked fine before that. I'm not entirely sure what fixed it however.
What I tried today was:

1) Making sure my NVIDIA drivers was up to date. v. 442.19
2) I disabled the PTC and let everything install.
3)
Then I unplugged the cable from the USB 3.0 outlet on my computer (I'm
using a USB 3.0 hub in between the computer and VR cable)
4) I enabled PTC again and let it fully install
5) Used:
  • Open OculusDebugTool.exe (by default, in C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics)
  • Under the Oculus Link section make sure that "Encode Resolution Width" is set to 2784 or less. (I set it to 1600)*
  • Rebooted the Oculus App by going to Settings -> Beta -> Restart Oculus
  • Reboot your Oculus Quest.
6) Plugged the USB hub into a USB 3.1 port on my computer and voila, it worked! :D:smile:

Gonna
be interesting to see if it still works later on though, but I managed
to get a few hours of playtime in today without the screen freezing or
other issues. 
Hopefully this might help someone else.

TheGuineaPig
Explorer
Sadly didn't work for me 😕

Lemonsqeeeze
Honored Guest
I am still having this problem in july and i was wondering is there a new fix because none of the others seemed to work for me

FelicityC
Adventurer
Just happens, it's annoying, sometimes going in and out of link will help, sometimes i have to hard reset, 99% of the time it's a loose connection with the wire causing an inconsistent touching of conductors

As long as I tie it up and make sure it never ever jiggles it tends to help a lot, free-hanging it just will always have issues. Even so, it will happen. Hope they fix it since it was working great for a few updates.
8700k @ whatever i feel like, 2070 Super, 3200mhz 32gb memory @ CL16, 1tb wd sn750, msi z370 gaming plus, pvc pipe gun