cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v14 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Oculus Link

• A new button on Dash allows to you quickly exit Oculus Link to go back to the Quest Home screen.
  • Important note: This PTC software is not compatible with the Oculus Link feature on Oculus Quest if your Quest is still on software version v12 or lower. The v13 software update is rolling out to Quest currently, which will enable you to utilize Link on both PC software version v13 and this v14 PTC. We continue to work on improving this experience in future releases. Thanks for your patience!

Miscellaneous

• Various bug fixes and stability improvements
147 REPLIES 147

bitzie
Expert Protege
I was on v.14 with my Rift S, but started to notice some stuttering, not only when moving and looking around, but also when standing still in TWD S&S. Did the driver/firmware rollback (again) and stuttering is gone.

morphee7
Expert Protege
well i have just been ruinning ACC again and all of a sudden its lagging head tracking is jumping and i have changed nothing, the software is sooo unconsistant so how the hell are we ment to test therse PTC's when its not stable

RomeoAlpha
Explorer

Everyone with problems should try the below method to install the 1.43 driver at least just to confirm that your problem is the tainted Oculus drivers.  There is no risk in trying this. If it doesn't work then you just let the Oculus software download the latest driver again and you are back where you were. If it does work let Oculus know about it. They should go back to this version and rebuild everything to get to the current build... but test it as they go to see when it breaks. Right now they are searching for a needle in a haystack while we all go cross eyed watching our screens stutter and looking like idiots unplugging/replugging our USB cables a thousand times.

I'll give this a go over my next weekend and will report back. I've been dealing with constant head tracking stutter for weeks now and I'm at my wits end. 

Just to update. I tried the method to install the 2.1.1 firmware and had no luck. I'm still suffering from head tracking stutter. I even reinstalled Windows 10 this morning just to see if that did anything and of course it didn't. At least I have a fresh gaming rig now! 

So I either have a defective HMD or its the firmware. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

morphee7 said:

well i have just been ruinning ACC again and all of a sudden its lagging head tracking is jumping and i have changed nothing, the software is sooo unconsistant so how the hell are we ment to test therse PTC's when its not stable

I have been trying to get to the bottom of these issues with ACC since December when they started... 

I had it set to give me 80fps and 15% performance headroom sitting alone in the pits at spa. The same settings since December now give me 40 FPS and -40% performance headroom in the same test. The stuttery tracking is also killing me. Not being able to roll back to pre December updates makes it almost impossible to properly troubleshoot. 

GamingTC2
Protege

On rift S, I have to redo my Gardian setup at each new session.
is it just me?

Problem is solved in this thread.
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/731364#Comment_731364

loui100
Protege
With the new update every time I get an Oculus notification like a new achievement unlocked, the game slows down to 2-5 FPS until the notification is removed 😞

morphee7
Expert Protege

GamingTC2 said:

is it just me?

bit strange this when ive had my guardian disabled since a week after i got my rift s which was a week after release so how do you clear your guardian settings?

GamingTC2
Protege

morphee7 said:

GamingTC2 said:

is it just me?

bit strange this when ive had my guardian disabled since a week after i got my rift s which was a week after release so how do you clear your guardian settings?

I did the setup, did a reset in oculus home, reseated usb plug and that solved the problem.

morphee7
Expert Protege
ok i uninstalled the oculus app and reinstalled which gave me that v13 thing and omg it bricked the rift s with the 3 dot loading screen and it literally froze the performance monitor so here i am again back on the PTC.anyway i digress

i did a race session on acc with a 60 minute race with 41 cars on track and ran the graphic setting on the lowest i could i also had frames locked at 40 with ASW enabled and the performance monitor running and through the whole race the headroom was fluxuating between 15% and 5% which i think shouldnt be the case when im using a ryzen 2700x and a 1080ti so there has to be something not quite right still reguarding the software and UE4

Anonymous
Not applicable

morphee7 said:

ok i uninstalled the oculus app and reinstalled which gave me that v13 thing and omg it bricked the rift s with the 3 dot loading screen and it literally froze the performance monitor so here i am again back on the PTC.anyway i digress

i did a race session on acc with a 60 minute race with 41 cars on track and ran the graphic setting on the lowest i could i also had frames locked at 40 with ASW enabled and the performance monitor running and through the whole race the headroom was fluxuating between 15% and 5% which i think shouldnt be the case when im using a ryzen 2700x and a 1080ti so there has to be something not quite right still reguarding the software and UE4

Welcome to the UE4/ACC party...
Since the disastrous December update my performance has dropped about 30-40% 

Mid settings with 120 in game super sampling struggles to hold 40fps, 3800X, 1080Ti.

Worst case is at night at the Nurburgring, T1 to T4, stutters at around 20fps