New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Pistol Whip gameplay

Comments

• WildtWildt Posts: 2,219 Valuable Player
    Playing on the CV1
    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
    Bloody 'ell it's agony tying my shoe laces today :weary:
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 4,913 Valuable Player
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    And with a proper TPcast setup it's even better 😁
  • saami81saami81 Posts: 183
    Art3mis
    Im on the edge of buying this game. Scoreboards are always good to make game last longer. How is modding? Can you mod this game like Beat saber? Playing custom songs?
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,900 Valuable Player
    edited November 2019
    Is this an aim assist game?  I see some gameplay and I doubt people can pull off those shots.

I'm not getting it because I'm still really enjoying Asgard's Wrath even after I beat it finishing up sidequests and secret dungeons. Love this game.

Also, Stormland is coming out and even if Stormland wasn't there I would next play Borderland or Doctor Who. Nice to have so many choices. 
    i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,026 Valuable Player
    Aim Assist is on by default, but you can remove it via the in-game menu, similar to the options available in Beat Saber (e.g. Ghost Notes).
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    Even though aim assist is on, you still get awarded for precision. The less aim assist has to help, the higher the score. 
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,989 Valuable Player
    Looked at the game and thought John Wick at first. Watched Norm from Tested playing it and thought not John Wick.
    edited November 2019
    I watched the VRespawn vs Cloudhead devs stream yesterday. Damn, they had some skillz! :sunglasses:

• MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,900 Valuable Player
    Looks like this game would make you sweat profusely. 
    i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
    edited November 2019
    RedRizla said:
    Looked at the game and thought John Wick at first. Watched Norm from Tested playing it and thought not John Wick.
    John Sick? ;)
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,026 Valuable Player
    MowTin said:
    Looks like this game would make you sweat profusely. 

I sweat more with Beat Saber. This game will just turn your legs in to spaghetti.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • BumfightsukBumfightsuk Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I don't seem to have any bullets to shoot the Training or Start options, so it won't let me start. Has anyone else come across this?
    edited November 2019
    Well, my legs recovered, so I thought I'd drop back in now that my save game in Stormland is fubar.

I couldn't seem to beat one of my Oculus friends score on the first couple of maps, so I gave the "Dead Eye" modifier a go, as it has a +20% score multiplier. It took a few tries to even make it through the level, and I got hit a few times, and thus ended up not even beating my highscore.
    I put away my left controller, got a decent 2 handed grip on my right controller and focused...  suddenly got into the flow. Holy shit, this is the way I'll play it from now on! :sweat_smile:
    I went from from 300 /400 on the leaderboards to around top 50 on the first two maps, and I had way more fun! I haven't looked up the specifics, but it seems like you aren't penalized for not being "on beat" - you either get 100 or 200 depending on a body shot or head shot.

Wildt said:

I take it your daughters visit their grandparents a lot these days?  ;) And I can see my sons need to visit their grandparents a lot!  :D  

- and I need to use only one gun  :#  

• BoffinwoodBoffinwood Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Just to clear up a couple of things. The points scoring system is a maximum of 200 points per shot, 100 points is based on accuracy and 100 on shot timing. If your shot doesn't require aim assist you'll get the full 100 points for accuracy. The more that aim assist is required the more your score will go down (exponentially). With timing it also counts mid-beat as long as you time it right, so for example you can double tap armoured enemies and still get max points, as long as it's timed right. If you get max points on either timing or accuracy you'll see a little red circle symbol appear next to the score (left hand side is accuracy and right is timing).

The second and most important thing to realise about this game, is everything is tied to the beat, and I mean absolutely EVERYTHING. When the enemies spawn, when they shoot, when their bullets hit you, and when you're supposed to shoot them... it's ALL tied to the beat. It took me a while to get into the rhythm of the songs, but once I did, and the timing thing dawned on me, then this game truly becomes epic!
    This is getting slightly ... awkward  :D  

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,074 Valuable Player
    RuneSR2 said:

This is getting slightly ... awkward  :D  

:o 
    If you, like me, feel the hit detection is sometimes glitchy (hits not registering) with deadeye modifer on, then you were right, and the devs are now working on a fix! \o/
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,328
    Project 2501
    This game truly sounds awesome, I still haven't bought it but I will tonight or tomorrow!
    UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
    New free level should arrive Dec 19:

https://uploadvr.com/pistol-whip-first-update/

:sunglasses: 

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,074 Valuable Player
    Just bit the bullet and got this game.  Quite fun.

Wildt on top of the list again.  Admit it @Wildt...you're cheating.  LOL!!!!
    edited February 7
    Update is out with a new map. Song gets a bit on my nerves, but the map itself is really good.
    Also a decent amount of bug fixes, most importantly concerning beat sync drift which was driving me crazy.

Changelog:
    • Added "Akuma" scene (three difficulties)
    • Fixed double vision rendering issue for AMD GPU
    • Fixed one-eye only rendering issue (including Windows 7)
    • Revamped timing calculations to resolve potential desync
    • Adjusted metronome haptics timing
    • Introduced "beat combo" and "on-beat %" to end result details
    • Homogeonized leaderboard details
    • Fixed reversed score breakdown in leaderboard details
    • Floor visualization now disables during "nobeat" sections
    • Removed erroneous badge indicator
    • Fixed enemy geo collision issues in some areas
    • Fixed geo to geo collision issues in some areas
    • Fix for ranged pistol whip exploit
    • Improved clarity of difficulty buttons
    • Fix for crouched enemy sequence used in "R U Afraid"
    • Improved some enemy synchronization in "The Fall"
    • Improved some enemy spawns in "Trap Requiem"
    • Minor bug fixes to "Death", "Lilith", "Download the Future"
    • Game now launches in fullscreen by default on Steam
    • Backend work for monthly content updates
    • Minor text fixes
    edited February 7
    Wildt said:
    Update is out with a new map. Song gets a bit on my nerves, but the map itself is really good.
    Also a decent amount of bug fixes, most importantly concerning beat sync drift which was driving me crazy.

Changelog:
    • Added "Akuma" scene (three difficulties)
    • Fixed double vision rendering issue for AMD GPU
    • Fixed one-eye only rendering issue (including Windows 7)
    • Revamped timing calculations to resolve potential desync
    • Adjusted metronome haptics timing
    • Introduced "beat combo" and "on-beat %" to end result details
    • Homogeonized leaderboard details
    • Fixed reversed score breakdown in leaderboard details
    • Floor visualization now disables during "nobeat" sections
    • Removed erroneous badge indicator
    • Fixed enemy geo collision issues in some areas
    • Fixed geo to geo collision issues in some areas
    • Fix for ranged pistol whip exploit
    • Improved clarity of difficulty buttons
    • Fix for crouched enemy sequence used in "R U Afraid"
    • Improved some enemy synchronization in "The Fall"
    • Improved some enemy spawns in "Trap Requiem"
    • Minor bug fixes to "Death", "Lilith", "Download the Future"
    • Game now launches in fullscreen by default on Steam
    • Backend work for monthly content updates
    • Minor text fixes
    Tried it yesterday, nice map, but feels like more of the same. Constantly shooting black men - is that politically correct content? ;) 
    Would be nice with more variation - maybe some sort of boss fight - my interest in the game hasn't exactly grown lately and a new level with more black men to kill didn't wow me. 

edited February 8
    Just for the record - if you have a GTX1080/RTX2060 or better - you can totally max out super sampling at 2.5 on the Rift CV1 and still get solid 90 fps in Pistol Whip  :o

Now, going from ss 2.0 to 2.5 may not be that easy to spot, but it's definitely there and I'd say offers more image quality improvement than going from anisotropic filtering x8 to x16, lol. 
    Just be careful and make a profile for Pistol Whip in Oculus Tray Tool if you're going for the ultimate CV1 image quality and best ever 3D depth perception - because entering Oculus Home with ss 2.5 nearly crashed my rig - but it works perfectly in less demanding games like Lucky's Tale and Pistol Whip (probably many more, maybe Space Pirate Trainer too). 

Wildt said:
    :sunglasses: 

You'll probably find the challenge as hard as stealing candy from children :D

I played last night, this game is a lot better on the Index than CV1 - especially because I can run it at solid 90 fps using Index res 200% with a GTX 1080 (120 Hz was close, but need to reduce to res 150% to keep up fps)  - and the fov matters, feels like I can see a lot more. 

But I'm sure you can get the 10k with the CV1, and when you've got the Index you've still got 9k left ;)