New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Pistol Whip gameplay

13»

Comments

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 4,913 Valuable Player
    My bad - maybe @Wildt can't get all 10k, but it all helps B)

https://www.valvr.com/pistol-whip
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • WildtWildt Posts: 2,219 Valuable Player
    Well, I haven't played much recently, and I've slipped way down the leaderboards. I think 17th place is the highest I have left :(

I still struggle a lot with the timing. The devs say that there are still reports of desync problems, which I hope can explain my inconsistent scores.

Oh, and maybe it's because everybody is pause abusing except me, because the lazy devs have been sitting on their asses in regards to this since december. :angry:
    https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PleasantImpressiveGnu-mobile.mp4
    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
  • kojackkojack Posts: 6,162 Volunteer Moderator
    That looks like how I did Crysis, I had a keyboard macro that did uncloak/shoot/cloak, it was so fast the AI couldn't detect me. I only used it on my second playthrough though.
    Booooooooo! :lol:
    edited February 19
    Wildt said:
    Well, I haven't played much recently, and I've slipped way down the leaderboards. I think 17th place is the highest I have left :(

I still struggle a lot with the timing. The devs say that there are still reports of desync problems, which I hope can explain my inconsistent scores.

Oh, and maybe it's because everybody is pause abusing except me, because the lazy devs have been sitting on their asses in regards to this since december. :angry:
    https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PleasantImpressiveGnu-mobile.mp4
    Uh, 17th? But - there's still time! You can do it! Come on!

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

• kojackkojack Posts: 6,162 Volunteer Moderator
    edited February 20

Pistol Whip has just gotten a new level Full Throttle, which is pretty good - and reminds me of the CV1 headphones true awesomeness:

More info here:

https://uploadvr.com/pistrol-whip-mad-max-update/

Haven't tried it yet, but I also read they fixed even more desync issues, which is nice. 
    Wildt said:
    Haven't tried it yet, but I also read they fixed even more desync issues, which is nice. 

Don't know if it's related to my very high levels of super sampling, but sometimes there's and error in the game resulting in some fish-eye-view-distortion, but the game does not crash. Haven't had that error for a while, but it happened yesterday after the patch (if it happens it's always after completing a level). 
    Also got no sound - but setting Windows sound to Rift fixed it - don't remember if that always was a problem. 
    So it's not yet perfect, but maybe the same it's always been... Never had fish-eye-view-distortion Reviving the game, only CV1.