cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yaw VR Motion Simulators Are Being Shipped To Backers This Month!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes. That's right. I started a new thread cos I was too lazy to search for the original thread I started. So sue me lol

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/346206518/yaw-vr-compact-portable-motion-simulator/posts/233970...

"Hi Backers!

I'm happy to inform you that we are going to start the delivery even this month. Last week we could solve the last mayor issue. Now the bluetooth connection works well, so just a few minor issues are left, but we don't see any blockers.

We have contacted the first Standard edition backer in Singapore to finalize his order. So we decided we will not send out new survey, but contact all of you one by one  before we start the production of your actual device. 

For PRO and Special Edition backers: right after we finish the first Standard device we will focus on completing the backrest which is the last missing part for PRO and Special Edition.

Thank you for your patience and for the amazing support from all of you!"

I'm REALLY hoping that these things are going to be great because I've hyped myself up over this and don't want to be disappointed lol

With a bit of luck I'll be able to afford to get one of these things in May so I'm really looking forward to jumping in. The likes of Elite Dangerous, Project CARS 2, Assetto Corsa and War Thunder are going to be amazing in one of these things!!!

Pleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegood...

81 REPLIES 81

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Thats the new HDMI 3000 socket, the lead is quite cheap at the mo..........£9,999.99p
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bollocks. They've put the bloody price up!!! It's gone up from $1190 to $1490 which is a MAJOR pain in the arse 😞

I'm not a happy bunny!!!

I probably won't be getting one now I don't think.

Oh well, gives me more money to spend on a headset upgrade I guess. I'm going to wait and see what Oculus announce at F8 and OC6 and how much a Pimax 5K+ full bundle is going to cost with Knuckles controllers if Oculus have gone INSANE and decide not to release the CV2 in till 2022.

Really pissed me off though because I was quite hyped up about playing Elite Dangerous in one of these things. :angry:

Anonymous
Not applicable
So my understanding is that the special edition is supposed to get vibration, programmable led lights and a backrest for the extra USD$300. But standard editions also now get vibration and programmable led lights. So my question is, does the backrest really cost USD$300?? A bit of a rip.

Anonymous
Not applicable

BakaYume said:

So my understanding is that the special edition is supposed to get vibration, programmable led lights and a backrest for the extra USD$300. But standard editions also now get vibration and programmable led lights. So my question is, does the backrest really cost USD$300?? A bit of a rip.

I think the Special/Pro Edition is supposed to be aimed at VR Arcades so it also has stronger motors in it, following my post above I HAVE decided to get one, either at the end of this year or the beginning of next year. They've shipped them to 25% of their backers so far and ramped up production last month after sorting some issues out. I'm probably better off getting one either at the end of the year or beginning of next year so that they have a chance of ironing any kinks out of production.

Their latest update (December 22nd) showed pictures comparing how things have progressed since they started to work on it. They went from this:

To this:

Pretty cool! They got a laser cutting and bending machine in December which should speed up production:

Full update can be read here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/346206518/yaw-vr-compact-portable-motion-simulator/posts/271587...

B) 

Star-lizard
Rising Star

In case you didn't see this

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, did see that. He seemed pretty impressed with it. I'm still going to wait for reviews before I finally pull the trigger though because it remains to be seen how comfortable it is to sit in for long periods of time.

Does anyone on here own one of these?
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Star-lizard
Rising Star
I do not have one but have been following its progress , sounds like they are making slow progress

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm getting one at the end of the year. That Linus Tech Tips bloke has a review copy and wasn't full of praise for it, but the fuckwit had problems putting it together and setting it up. I'm personally putting that down to him being pretty much brain dead though ???

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's the video:

https://youtu.be/Q2wAsxbLyMM

The Yaw people have a thing called the Yaw Game Engine (poor choice of name because it's not a game engine that you can use to create Yaw experiences) which automatically sets games up to save you from having to manually do it via editing a text file.

He had problems putting it all together and adjusting the head rest, but I'm putting that down to him being a fuckwit rather than anything else, and if they haven't sorted out their software yet it's only a matter of time before they do. I'm pretty sure it took him 3 days to set up because he's as thick as shit lol

He also set it to 360 degrees rotation which is a bit daft without a wireless headset because your cable will get tangled up. When I get mine I'll be setting it to either 30 degrees or 45 degrees I think.

Looks like (unless you're stupid) it'll be fully collapsable in about ten minutes or so, if not quicker, so it's going to be ideal for someone like me that doesn't have a great deal of room.

There's another guy here that's just bought one, I'm going to be keeping an eye on his channel and see what he makes of it:

https://youtu.be/Ls_MgUIZzn8

Have subscribed to his channel so will post more videos here when he makes them available!