cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link - Trigger Response Issues

Kung-Foo-Kamel
Protege
Hi,

Has anyone else noticed any issues with the trigger response while using Link?

When playing any games that use quick trigger recessions, the controllers will not respond to all trigger presses, its really obvious when playing any FPS using a semi auto weapon, you can pump the trigger for rapid shots, it will only register if you fire slow, if you try to fire fast, it will only pick up half the presses, and in some cases just stops responding, then a second or two later it will work again.

I messed about with the controller setup in SteamVR, I set the trigger up as a button instead and played with advanced settings, but I could not get it to improve at all, the bug is really obvious in Pavlov and using anything semi auto like a handgun, Pavlov running natively works great, but over link, the issues is there.

The issues is also there with Gun Club VR using Link, but not there when running natively.
24 REPLIES 24

computery
Honored Guest
WE NEED HELP

computery
Honored Guest
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

computery
Honored Guest
ITS IN BONEWORKS

viking84
Honored Guest
Any solution to this? Same problem now in Onward (SteamVR version), using Oculus Link. No issues in Oculus Home with the blaster, no issues using Virtual Desktop, only seeing it in SteamVR games using Oculus Link.

NitroHockey
Protege
Yeah, this really needs to be addressed by oculus, I have it in all my games steam VR or Oculus store. Robo Recall via link is really hard to play because of the trigger input problems.

Frotang
Honored Guest
FYI I have the same issue with my RiftS and it's really pissing me the fuck off.

Rebarb
Explorer
i'm having the same issue on quest even after the new 14.0 update 

Snow-Crash
Honored Guest
I also have this issue when using Quest + Link with any game via Steam VR.   Using Rift (cv1) it works properly.

TonserTonni
Explorer
Is this a Steam issue or an Oculus issue? I reported it to steam so far. I have Also tried going through Virtual Desktop vr streaming steamvr games, and here the issue seems to be resolved also the haptic feedback seemed better. So it has to be somewhere between the oculus drivers and steamVR right?

Anonymous
Not applicable
This has always been a problem for me sinse day one of oculus link, for some reason the triggers do not respond very well in FPS games its made any form of multiplayer FPS just imposible to play i really hope this gets fixed this only happens in oculus link when not using the link its fine, do oculus even see these posts?