cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v14 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Oculus Link

• A new button on Dash allows to you quickly exit Oculus Link to go back to the Quest Home screen.
  • Important note: This PTC software is not compatible with the Oculus Link feature on Oculus Quest if your Quest is still on software version v12 or lower. The v13 software update is rolling out to Quest currently, which will enable you to utilize Link on both PC software version v13 and this v14 PTC. We continue to work on improving this experience in future releases. Thanks for your patience!

Miscellaneous

• Various bug fixes and stability improvements
147 REPLIES 147

morphee7
Expert Protege
and now i have been informed that my voice sounds metalic and robot like again on and off so you have brought that issue back

ehacker_tea
Honored Guest
Does Oculus Rift have Extension Cable? 10feet or longer.

RattyUK
Trustee
Mine still works well, even on the laptop...
Different strokes, I guess...
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

morphee7
Expert Protege
ok oculus you call yourself a serious company and then i find this in the apps and features? you really are a joke of a company w70f1q2et61tl.pngpeople are frustrated at your product and do endless reports/logs/feedback and it just feels like you are treating peole who feed you this info as nothing, im sick of hearing the "it could be old drivers" or "its could be so and so app" its about time you lot bucked your ideas up and stop treating people like financial support and give them what they paid for,

this is really sickening now when the only way you can do something you love is by VR now through a visual impairment and you spend £400 for a rift s aswell is just a kick in the genitalia

Globespy
Expert Protege
Morphee7 - I agree with you, but the more frustrated you get, it's all on you as ranting on a forum won't do anything other than raise your own blood pressure.
I do think the guys trying to keep everything together at Oculus do actually care since it's their livelihood on the line if the product fails.
I'm guessing they are working with limited resources given the billions invested in VR that has yet to pay off, but at least they are still investing and hopefully things will come to fruition in the near future.

I was lucky enough to keep my Rift S on FW 2.1.1 and block the Oculus app/services from gaining access to the internet (firewall rules), so other than the occasional nag to 'restart my Oculus' for some supposed update (which of course cannot complete without access to the internet), things work fine.
With the recent push to having Facebook tightly integrated, I won't ever remove my firewall rules unless there's an update that brings all the cool stuff like hand tracking that only seems to be available on the Quest.
I don't need the Oculus store and if they want to strong arm people into adopting Facebook (which I don't use), then I will purchase VR titles from other places and the Oculus Home/Dash will remain simply a necessary function to use the HMD.
Shame the SDE on the quest is so bad, and the refresh rate is just too low - I've purchased and returned as the resolution is in no way even close to the sharp clarity of the Rift S's striped display vs the Quest pentile panels that have exactly the same problems as the original CV1 in terms of SDE. 
It's also why the Rift S doesn't really need or benefit from Super Sampling, which is necessary on the CV1/Quest.

As for ACC, that game is an absolute train wreck, even at the now widely adopted 40FPS ASW locked state of affairs.
It's never going to be good for VR, as it's very foundations are built on technology that never had VR as a main feature in mind.
By the time there's an UE4 engine update, I would imagine Kunos will have washed their hands of that title and certainly won't be investing the man hours to update, even if it's something that's possible.
The original AC is far better for VR, even if the graphics in ACC do look so very very nice.

Hang in there bud.

morphee7
Expert Protege
@Globespy im sorry but when acc brought a patch out the rift s worked amazing with it then oculus brought out the v13 and distroyed all that and since then its never gone back to that, i put another ticket in since i thought it might help with the screenshoot i posted earlier of acc and the monitor plus log file with an explanation that it was acc ehat GPU and CPU  i had and i get this :

Thanks for contacting Oculus support. I will do my best to help with the graphics trouble you are experiencing.

Thanks for the logs and the photo. I do have a couple of
questions. Is this software the Iracing application? Do you see any
issues with other games at all? Have we tested any Oculus games?

I understand that many of our customers use the headset
for Iracing. I am not suggesting that you not run this, I am seriously
trying to narrow down where the issue might be. Typically, when we see a
lag issue, it is a driver or software issue. Have you had the
opportunity to update the drivers on the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti? We
could also update the USB drivers as well. I notice that this is an Asus
ROG. There might be more specific drivers for USB on their page.

We can also turn on the Public Test Channel. This will
allow you to install updates before they become available to the general
public. To do this, open the Oculus app. On the left side, select
"settings". Then choose the "Beta" tab. On this page, turn on the Public
Test Channel.

Allow any updates to install and see if the issue has been resolved.

I will watch for your reply.

Kind regards.

Randy

Oculus Support

now i am scared to reply to this response but with past history with support like this i know why people dont bother putting tickets in when they question users and dont read the ticket properly and surely the log says im already on the PTC

Anonymous
Not applicable

As for ACC, that game is an absolute train wreck, even at the now widely adopted 40FPS ASW locked state of affairs.
It's never going to be good for VR, as it's very foundations are built on technology that never had VR as a main feature in mind.
By the time there's an UE4 engine update, I would imagine Kunos will have washed their hands of that title and certainly won't be investing the man hours to update, even if it's something that's possible.
The original AC is far better for VR, even if the graphics in ACC do look so very very nice.

Hang in there bud.

Clearly you haven’t touched ACC in a long time nor know anything about how Kunos work, please don’t make inaccurate comments. 

I’m currently at 390 hours of it and counting, prior to the December update it was rock steady and happy at 80 FPS other then race starts which was fine. 

Of course original AC is far less demanding, it’s over 6 years old and doesn’t come close either visually or with physics to ACC

Anonymous
Not applicable

morphee7 said:

I notice that this is an Asus
ROG. There might be more specific drivers for USB on their page.

I have the same motherboard as you and have the same problems.  I have convinced myself that this issue is related to USB connection/conflicts because the USB disconnect problems also coincide with the version 12 driver release. Even though we all know this is a problem introduced through the Oculus updated driver, it makes sense if its USB related that it may only affect certain motherboards or certain motherboard/other hardware combinations. Anyone else with problems should list their mobo as well. It doesn't seem like Oculus is even working on this anymore so we probably just have to find out what hardware is no longer supported and decide whether we want to ditch the Rift or ditch our specific components.

Mine is the Asus ROG Maximus X Hero (Wifi AC)

Anonymous
Not applicable
ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi

What the current Oculus driver version. Went back to PTC as too many issues with V13 and the driver version in device manager is showing 1.0.0.1 from 30/04/2019, is that right? 

Anonymous
Not applicable
So doing more testing as much as I can in ACC, disabling AA doesn't seem to do anything noticeable for performance. What does though is changing graphics performance preference in the Rift S (Devices, click on Rift S and Touch, go down to graphics performance) from Prioritize Quality to Prioritize performance. I'm testing with just me on track at Spa, clear weather, 9:00am, no other cars. 

Set to Prioritize Quality I get 69% head room and 80FPS on the desktop in home, -45% headroom 40fps in the ACC main menu -15% headroom 40fps looking straight out of the car in pits, -35% headroom 40fps looking out the left windows down pit lane and between -10% and -30% headroom always 40 fps around a lap.

Set to Prioritize Performance the desktop in Oculus home goes to 72% headroom. In ACC FPS still sits at 40 at all times but the headroom improves by about 20% across the board, main menu becomes -20% looking straight out the car goes 0% positive and around the lap it varies between -10 and +10%

So what does this graphics setting do and why is it affecting third party software to such a huge extent? Is this where changes were made in December to drop performance so badly?