Did you mean: 

New HTC Range - The Thread

kevinw729
Honored Visionary

HTC adds three new members to the Vive Cosmos family: Elite, XR and Play

otep94kl0uvy.png

ds5zlc1njtmo.png

5y6aw2giusn6.png

https://chinese.engadget.com/chinese-2020-02-19-htc-vive-cosmos-elite-xr-play.html

https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
41 REPLIES 41

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

inovator said:

TomCgcmfc said:

If you are silly enough to believe every negative review you would not buy anything imho.

It's a fair point but even you are not arguing that the tracking as as good as a rift S.
For me the rift S is the absolute base level for what I want for controller tracking (and even then I would miss the superior tracking of outside in lighthouse or constellation).
The fact that even you are saying it really needs the light house module means that people concluding tracking is sub par are probably not wrong......
Yes personal experience is gonna trump 3rd person reviews.
Look at it this way.... People could tell you along with 100s  of  reviews  TVRs are fantastic cars but godawful reliability.   

You could of course discount them all and buy one yourself expecting the reliability of a family hatchback..

But you WILL be in for a shock. Impartial reviews usually are more accurate than not.

Someone here that bought a cosmos says it's making tracking progress. Not true. Here's a feb. Review after latest cosmos update;https://youtu.be/sFGKMFVQzJI

Thanks, that's a great example of the kind of misinformation out there.  Unless you actually have the headset and participate in its forum, you may be easily mislead.

MRTV reviews are often a bit hit and miss anyway imho.  In this case he says he is using the latest software 1.0.10.4 but fails to mention that this is Beta.  Unfortunately this Beta issued late Jan/2020 is much worse than the current Public software version 1.0.9.6 issued early Jan/2020.  This is already a well know fact for actual Cosmos users so unless MRTV has a hidden agenda he should have been reviewing this with the latest Public software imho.

The current Public version 1.0.9.6 is actually pretty good but still not up to Rift S standards.  I'm still hopeful that future software updates will fix this because I like the Cosmos controllers much more than my Vive wands (which I would be forced to use with a Cosmos SteamVR faceplate mod and Index controllers are still not available in Australia).

About the only thing more useless than many so-called impartial reviews are impartial reviews of impartial reviews by people that do not actually have the headset imho.  Of course, you believe whatever you want mate.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

inovator
Consultant

TomCgcmfc said:

inovator said:

TomCgcmfc said:

If you are silly enough to believe every negative review you would not buy anything imho.

It's a fair point but even you are not arguing that the tracking as as good as a rift S.
For me the rift S is the absolute base level for what I want for controller tracking (and even then I would miss the superior tracking of outside in lighthouse or constellation).
The fact that even you are saying it really needs the light house module means that people concluding tracking is sub par are probably not wrong......
Yes personal experience is gonna trump 3rd person reviews.
Look at it this way.... People could tell you along with 100s  of  reviews  TVRs are fantastic cars but godawful reliability.   

You could of course discount them all and buy one yourself expecting the reliability of a family hatchback..

But you WILL be in for a shock. Impartial reviews usually are more accurate than not.

Someone here that bought a cosmos says it's making tracking progress. Not true. Here's a feb. Review after latest cosmos update;https://youtu.be/sFGKMFVQzJI

Thanks, that's a great example of the kind of misinformation out there.  Unless you actually have the headset and participate in its forum, you may be easily mislead.

MRTV reviews are often a bit hit and miss anyway imho.  In this case he says he is using the latest software 1.0.10.4 but fails to mention that this is Beta.  Unfortunately this Beta issued late Jan/2020 is much worse than the current Public software version 1.0.9.6 issued early Jan/2020.  This is already a well know fact for actual Cosmos users so unless MRTV has a hidden agenda he should have been reviewing this with the latest Public software imho.

The current Public version 1.0.9.6 is actually pretty good but still not up to Rift S standards.  I'm still hopeful that future software updates will fix this because I like the Cosmos controllers much more than my Vive wands (which I would be forced to use with a Cosmos SteamVR faceplate mod and Index controllers are still not available in Australia).

About the only thing more useless than many so-called impartial reviews are impartial reviews of impartial reviews by people that do not actually have the headset imho.  Of course, you believe whatever you want mate.

We have different opinions and I truly hope they fix it for you. If down the road they dont I would try to get a refund through your credit card company and complain htc committed fraud.