cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boneworks now available in the Oculus Store!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
https://youtu.be/nQq_AKlc8g4

Get it here:

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/2385436581584047

I don't understand the recommended GTX 1080 in the Oculus Store. Now with ASW 2.0, and with no support for 120+ Hz, I'd be surprised if GTX 970 wouldn't deliver an awesome Rift(-S) experience. I'm getting 90 fps using Index res 200% and 2xMSAA, Boneworks does not need a fast video card - at least not for the first 6 or 7 levels which I've completed. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

49 REPLIES 49

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
More here:

https://www.oculus.com/blog/stress-level-zero-brings-boneworks-to-the-rift-platform/

Btw, to my knowledge the Steam version does not support native Oculus drivers - so you'll need the Oculus version for asw 2.0 and optimal performance on Oculus hmds.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I hope they'll make the Oculus SDK support available on the Steam version. I'd like to have the improved performance, but I'm not buying it again.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

nalex66 said:

I hope they'll make the Oculus SDK support available on the Steam version. I'd like to have the improved performance, but I'm not buying it again.

I'd just like to try the game using CV1 without having to disconnect the Index. When Steam games support native Oculus drivers, then the game works from Oculus Home without starting SteamVR, or will work with the Index if I start SteamVR. 
Also I don't let the kids use the Index, so they can't try Boneworks before I get native Oculus support. A few have already asked the devs for native Oculus support on Steam, let's keep our fingers crossed...

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
New Oculus teaser trailer:

https://youtu.be/ETGCgouxt9Q

kojack
MVP
MVP
I grabbed Boneworks from the oculus store last night (I haven't played the steam version).
I've played it so far up to the point where combat starts. (That's a LONG tutorial)

Hmm. It reminds me of the old Dreamworks game Trespasser. The physics are so glitchy, but you can see what they were trying to achieve.

But the whole time (starting from when I first tried moving) I had the thought "Saints & Sinners did this better". Everything they have in common is far more polished in S&S. Climbing, throwing, inventory, weapons, etc.

The big thing throwing me off is how some things need to be picked up with index and hand triggers at the same time, and others don't. I spent a while stuck on that first picking up the mug part because I never thought I'd need both triggers to force grab objects. Sure, in real life you'd use all your fingers, but Oculus users have had over 3 years of hand trigger to grab and index to use. Then there's all the objects in the world you can pick up but can't force grab.

I'm interested to see what lies ahead, but it feels like the game is fighting to stop me.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

kojack said:

I grabbed Boneworks from the oculus store last night (I haven't played the steam version).
I've played it so far up to the point where combat starts. (That's a LONG tutorial)

Hmm. It reminds me of the old Dreamworks game Trespasser. The physics are so glitchy, but you can see what they were trying to achieve.

But the whole time (starting from when I first tried moving) I had the thought "Saints & Sinners did this better". Everything they have in common is far more polished in S&S. Climbing, throwing, inventory, weapons, etc.

The big thing throwing me off is how some things need to be picked up with index and hand triggers at the same time, and others don't. I spent a while stuck on that first picking up the mug part because I never thought I'd need both triggers to force grab objects. Sure, in real life you'd use all your fingers, but Oculus users have had over 3 years of hand trigger to grab and index to use. Then there's all the objects in the world you can pick up but can't force grab.

I'm interested to see what lies ahead, but it feels like the game is fighting to stop me.

Until you hit the sewers some of the levels may be awesome or close. How about the textures, do you think - like your hands or maybe when holding a teddy bear - that textures are different from S&S?

I did not like the sewers - felt boring. And - btw - I experienced my first moment of what I'm starting to call "lcd blindness". That is, in one area lighting was so low I could not see anything with the Index - everything was just gray - and I'm fully convinced this problem would not be there with oled. I was attacked by some jumping crabs and several blue and yellow zombies, and in the heat of the battle I accidentally dropped both the flashlight gun and a rifle - but I finished all opponents with my trusty hammer  o:) Problem was finding my guns again - because due to "lcd blindness" I could not see them on the ground. After some minutes I did manage to locate the flashlight gun - and that helped immensely on locating my automatic rifle.
I know the devs used Vive Pros to make the game before Index, I'm convinced sewers is a leftover from the Vive Pro days, lol. 

Oldtimers may notice that after the recent patch you can now save the game not just halfway through a level, but several times - maybe like in 3 or 4 places.

kobs57
Heroic Explorer
 in one area lighting was so low I could not see anything .

You need those night vision goggles in that area, there's another hidden place where they grow melons, unless you have the goggles you can't see sh**.
It's a game that forces you to adapt to the specific situation and that's what makes it fun, when you think there's no way in hell to do this, actually there's dozens of ways you just have to find them. I have over 200 hours of game play in boneworks and I still can't wait to get back in, there's always something new to try and with the devs adding stuff all the time (and they're not making you pay for it) it's always a quest to find the new stuff, do the levels all over again and check every corner. they recently added a new sandbox place called blank box where you can rez a lot more ennemies it's for high performance brawls or what ever you feel like doing   Best game I ever played in fact the only game I've played more than the original Unreal Tournament back in the days
VR dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 
32 gigs of G.Skill Trident Z neo 2X16 Gb DDR4 3200Mhz
 MSI 1070-TI,  on a MSI B-570 Gaming plus motherboard,
EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
Oculus is on a  CORSAIR Force MP600 Gen4 PCIe x4 NVMe M.2 SSD

gman713
Protege
Has anyone tried this with the Oculus Quest with Link on Steam VR?  Does this Oculus version run as janky and stuttery as it did in Steam VR?