cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v14 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Oculus Link

• A new button on Dash allows to you quickly exit Oculus Link to go back to the Quest Home screen.
  • Important note: This PTC software is not compatible with the Oculus Link feature on Oculus Quest if your Quest is still on software version v12 or lower. The v13 software update is rolling out to Quest currently, which will enable you to utilize Link on both PC software version v13 and this v14 PTC. We continue to work on improving this experience in future releases. Thanks for your patience!

Miscellaneous

• Various bug fixes and stability improvements
147 REPLIES 147

morphee7
Expert Protege
ok im really confused ill just copy and paste i have just sent th9is reply to the support ticket

the answer to your firat question is no this is not the iracing app this is assetto corsa competizione and this performance drop didnt happen pre december on iracing but cant test this now as i have no subscription, i dont own any oculus store games as i only use vr for sim racing,

However this morning i fired up the pc after last night after countless pc restarts, oculus app reinstalling and unpluging and repluging in the rift s with no joy, the performance monitor showed 80fps with between 40 - 50% headroom, so i tested the 40fps with ASW enabled and the same result 40 - 50% headroom still.
i have updated nothing, nothing has been updated automaticly, so i thought id open up the oculus mirror and take screenshots of it and WALLOP the performance monitor drops to between 0 - 10% headroom at 80fps with ASW on auto and with fps locked at 40 and ASW enabled si it has to be the mirror that is draining so much of the GPU
i will however leave this ticket open for a while with further testing don

RomeoAlpha
Explorer
My motherboard is an MSI Z270 PC Mate.  I have continuous stutter in my headset.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got an update this morning to the PTC that required a restart of the PC to finish installing which is a little unusual.
Wonder what has changed in the update...

jab
Rising Star
That's why we have changelogs. ohh wait..

suppenhuhn
Explorer
Oh boy - got the PTC v14 and Quest finally running ( renaming audiosources ) and today it auto-installed a update ( PC ) with the awesome result that my USB-3 Connection won't work anymore...WTF ?!?!
greetings from bavaria

cainpl
Explorer
I don't know what you are doing all the time with your software, Oculus.
Barely solved my issues with losing touches tracking and today I had to install your new drivers update. HMD is losing tracking again. Moreover, there is stuttering which i hadn't earlier.
Why did you break it again? 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems to me they are just on their own thing and largely ignore any issues posted here. Support tickets tend to end with “its not us, it’s someone else’s issues” even when Oculus is the only one that changed something. Not sure what happened recently as until December the software was very good, been using Oculus since original CV1 preorder days. Now it’s a disaster and support just buries it’s head in the sand. 

Hugely disappointing 

jab
Rising Star
Reading between the lines I get the suspicion that Oculus never actually fixed the "static noise" cable problem. Instead I think they just masked it by either some bandwidth reducing hack and/or by having ATW replacing the bad frames with interpolated content. And lately with all the new features they have implemented, it may very well be that it is now coming back to bite them in the ass. This is of course pure speculation, but it would explain why some people are having problems, while others appear to be fine.

morphee7
Expert Protege

jab said:

Reading between the lines I get the suspicion that Oculus never actually fixed the "static noise" cable problem. Instead I think they just masked it by either some bandwidth reducing hack and/or by having ATW replacing the bad frames with interpolated content. And lately with all the new features they have implemented, it may very well be that it is now coming back to bite them in the ass. This is of course pure speculation, but it would explain why some people are having problems, while others appear to be fine.

now you say that, i have 2 DP slots on my 1080ti whic one has my rift s in and my 2560x1440 144hz (which is locked at 120hz in that slot) in the other, now if i swap them over i get the white static back on the rift s and the monitor lets me have 144hz so there is actually a difference with DP slots on GPU's

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

morphee7 said:

jab said:

now you say that, i have 2 DP slots on my 1080ti whic one has my rift s in and my 2560x1440 144hz (which is locked at 120hz in that slot) in the other, now if i swap them over i get the white static back on the rift s and the monitor lets me have 144hz so there is actually a difference with DP slots on GPU's

@morphee7 , Sorry but this does not sound right to me.  Your gtx1080ti should have 1x 2.0 hdmi and 3x 1.4 DisplayPorts.  All 3 DP's should be the same so it should not matter which ones you use.  If one DP port is damaged or if the gpu is starting to fail there might be a difference.  In your case you might want to unplug your rift's DP and try your monitor on each port.  You should be able to get 2560x1440 @144hz on each port.  If you find you cannot do this on one port I would avoid using that port for anything, including your Rift. 

An external monitor running at high resolutions/refresh rates can use a few more resources.  Multiple monitors even worse.  If I were you I would try setting your external monitor to 1080p (1920 x 1080) and 100hz refresh rate.  You may be surprised when you do this and may find your VR is a lot more stable.  If this is the case you might have a weak and/or failing power supply, or maybe a weak cpu.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers