cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have to redo guardian every time i start rift S

geoff_killick
Protege
Anyone else have this problem? I turned off beta a while ago so only getting official updates, this started happening after the last official update.
42 REPLIES 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
It’s not a bug, it’s a feature... lol

How are you guys clearing the guardian settings? 

GamingTC2
Protege

It’s not a bug, it’s a feature... lol

How are you guys clearing the guardian settings? 

I did it in oculus home (vr).  Settings, guardian and then there is a reset button.

geoff_killick
Protege
Tried the fix but didn't work for me, Tried unplugging while PC on and Off. Still have to redo guardian every start up. Proper annoying.

GamingTC2
Protege
Try this: do the guardian setup, in vr go to settings, guardian, reset guardian, take the headset off (don't turn off the software), pull out usb, wait a bit till there is an error message, put the usb back in, wait a bit till error message is gone, redo setup of guardian.
Please try this and let us know if it worked.

GamingTC2
Protege
You can also reproduce the problem.  Opt in on PTC and opt out and the problem returns.  Doing the above steps cure the problem again.

DrRenars
Honored Guest
I have the same or similar problem recently. My guardian settings reset after PC reboot every single time. I tried a lot, including a complete, clean reinstall using Windows safe mode. I'm currently cunsulting this issue with Oculus Support. It really seems to be a Oculus software problem, not a problem with me or my room, especially considering all worked almost perectly before, a few weeks ago.

Kanon_di_Gemini
Explorer
I have the same problem 😞

cestomano
Honored Guest

GamingTC2 said:

Try this: do the guardian setup, in vr go to settings, guardian, reset guardian, take the headset off (don't turn off the software), pull out usb, wait a bit till there is an error message, put the usb back in, wait a bit till error message is gone, redo setup of guardian.
Please try this and let us know if it worked.

This worked for me! ::wink:

Thanks a lot !!

DrRenars
Honored Guest
Yeah, this method worked for me too. Great thanks! But remember this is only a temporary solution. For example clearing Guardian history and clearing user files (so basically performing a reset) makes the problem return. That would explain why doing a clean reinstall does not help. This needs to be fixed by Oculus. The problem was no existent in the past. I informed the Support already.

KenSniper
Adventurer
I have been having this problem ever since my pc froze and crashed while in VR, i'll try the fix and hopefully it works
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?